PDA

View Full Version : carb questions

woodsracer144
02-26-2010, 06:32 PM
ok so whats each carb better for? what is so much better with a A/S over just a PWK? i never really noticed anything with them, also whats so good about the lectrons.

Velvet-Casket
02-26-2010, 10:10 PM
im not a 100% on all the different things about each carb, but i know the a/s has a groove in the bottom of the tunnel that butts up to the intake and its suppose to direct more air or something to your engine. Pull up a pic of one on ebay or something.

1promodfan
02-27-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
ok so whats each carb better for? what is so much better with a A/S over just a PWK? i never really noticed anything with them, also whats so good about the lectrons.

Like Velvet said, the A/S has a "fin" that helps direct air over the throat of the carb. and is supposed to help with throttle response/mid-range. I have a 38 A/S and I can tell a little difference with it. It help the bottom and mid-range a little and it still gives you the airflow for top end that a 38mm should.

A PWK is a good carb. too. And then there are PWK quadvents, which helps with post "bog" when you're racing and doing a lot of jumping. So that 4th vent helps with jumping post-bog. I had a 36PWK quadvent on mine before I got this A/S and it had great bottom end response. I just wanted a little more mid and top.

On the Lectrons, they are awesome carbs, I just wouldn't get one unless I was drag racing. They are just eaiser to tune for the alky guys.

woodsracer144
02-28-2010, 08:01 PM
what about other makes then keihn? like the TMX's?