PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki kx gncc harescramble race bike cheap $2500 lets deal

400exrider69
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
2000 kawasaki kx 125 bought bike used and have rebuilt from ground up was installing water pump side cover and it cracked along with new gasket $158 brand new for the side cover $8.50 for gasket
here's a list of everything new bike has ............ keep in mind needs to togather most everything is new in boxes trust me this price is a steal
Ims 3.1 gallon tank
moose racing fuel cap
new motion pro clutch and throttle cable
motion pro throttle assembly
moose racing clutch basket
pro-x clutch hub
new preassure plate of 2001 kx 125 with low hours
new clutch springs
cases split inspected and seal replaces
new stealthy 9oz fly wheel weight
brand new stator cover painted black
new renthal front sprocket 12t
new top and bottem end gaseket set
redone cylinder
new wiseco piston
new linkage bearings
new swing arm beargins
new moose racing high rise bars
new renthal pillow top grips
2 new things of renthal grip glue
boxs of misc extra bolts mounts etc
new front fender of 09 kx 450f portapolish and kx 250f number plates
good side panels with monster engery graphics
frame swing arm and clutch cover powercoated black
new chain slider
new sticker's for bike
alwasy ran klotz
new aluminum shifter

the amount i have in parts alone is un real
here's what it needs to be competed
rear sproket
chain
a few black zip ties for electrical
spark plug
right side water pump cover
right side water pump gasket
head steam bearings
rear sproket
kill switch
rear fender
rear shock bearing
and about 2 hr's to put togather bike
Suspention is at motor experts to be rebuilt

This is as close to race ready as you will find for this price
I'm so pissed at the side cover i can't look at it anymore
this bike is made for some one who is serious about racing have clumer manual and everything for bike
can send old pics of bikes process of build pretty well step by step have a ton of reciptes
can look on ebay for parts i've bought on my feedback piggybank47954

You can contact me at 1-765-918-7807 dont' bother contacting if you don't like prices i've got paper work on about everything plus look how much a similar xc set up bike will cost
thanks

KXRida
03-04-2010, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider69
2000 kawasaki kx 125 bought bike used and have rebuilt from ground up was installing water pump side cover and it cracked along with new gasket $158 brand new for the side cover $8.50 for gasket
here's a list of everything new bike has ............ keep in mind needs to togather most everything is new in boxes trust me this price is a steal
Ims 3.1 gallon tank
moose racing fuel cap
new motion pro clutch and throttle cable
motion pro throttle assembly
moose racing clutch basket
pro-x clutch hub
new preassure plate of 2001 kx 125 with low hours
new clutch springs
cases split inspected and seal replaces
new stealthy 9oz fly wheel weight
brand new stator cover painted black
new renthal front sprocket 12t
new top and bottem end gaseket set
redone cylinder
new wiseco piston
new linkage bearings
new swing arm beargins
new moose racing high rise bars
new renthal pillow top grips
2 new things of renthal grip glue
boxs of misc extra bolts mounts etc
new front fender of 09 kx 450f portapolish and kx 250f number plates
good side panels with monster engery graphics
frame swing arm and clutch cover powercoated black
new chain slider
new sticker's for bike
alwasy ran klotz
new aluminum shifter

the amount i have in parts alone is un real
here's what it needs to be competed
rear sproket
chain
a few black zip ties for electrical
spark plug
right side water pump cover
right side water pump gasket
head steam bearings
rear sproket
kill switch
rear fender
rear shock bearing
and about 2 hr's to put togather bike
Suspention is at motor experts to be rebuilt

This is as close to race ready as you will find for this price
I'm so pissed at the side cover i can't look at it anymore
this bike is made for some one who is serious about racing have clumer manual and everything for bike
can send old pics of bikes process of build pretty well step by step have a ton of reciptes
can look on ebay for parts i've bought on my feedback piggybank47954

You can contact me at 1-765-918-7807 dont' bother contacting if you don't like prices i've got paper work on about everything plus look how much a similar xc set up bike will cost
thanks

Not to rain on your parade, but no one is going to pay $2500 for a 2001 kx125 unless it's one of stewarts old kx's. I had an 01 rm 125 with almost every aftermarket part you could think of and only ended up getting $1100 out of it. I had more than that in the clutch alone. Hell for $2500 you can find a pretty nice 250f for that. I paid 2800 for my 08. See my drift? Most of the stuff you listed is normal wear and tear items that need replaced (top end, sprockets, plastic, bearings, etc). As far as an XC set up, you got the fly wheel weight and oversized tank. What's getting done to the suspension? What about a steering stabilzer? 18'' rear wheel? Hand guards? Skid plates? Those are things an XC bike needs.

http://www.kbb.com/motorcycle/retail/2001/kawasaki/kx125_l3/72138

You're asking almost twice the retail value of the bike. Even then most people would be hesitant to pay $1400 for a bike that's nine years old. As far as the price of a similar xc bike? My kxf was setup for xc. I returned it to stock flywheel, have to send the suspension out for revalve/respring, put full width bars on it, stock skid plates, etc. My bike came in XC form for $2800.

400exrider69
03-04-2010, 11:01 PM
fly wheel weight pipe guard skid plate hand guards and more didn't find a stabilizer i wanted that would work right cause of high of tank could only find for kx 500 and was worried about mounting on front fendero. custom sealed air box no way for moisture to enter now
there's atleast 30 things i forgot to list on the ad suspention is at moto-experts being rebuilt
i'm probly gonna keep it since i've sold enough stuff to fix side cover other wise it'd all be for nothing if i missed next race

i've only listed it two places so i haven't had a whole lot of interest mainly kids on it. I've had a few 250f's and didn't like them to much plus didn't have a chair for me when i had to get one rebuilt

400exrider69
03-04-2010, 11:05 PM
it's height of tank i spelled wrong and it's got stock size brand new dunlops back tires is a 756 i think
cylinder was acid washed power valve had parts replaced i forget if i had head work done or not but like i said i'll probly keep it now since i've got over 3k in it just finished another order of parts

KXRida
03-05-2010, 04:54 AM
May as well because for that price listed you'll have it on your hands for a while. Hell between suspension, exhaust, and some minor stuff I have $1500 in parts not counting wearable items such as new renthal sprockets and tires. By the end of my build I'll have total around 6K in the bike. If I were to sell it, I'd maybe get 3000 for it.

fly wheel weight pipe guard skid plate hand guards and more didn't find a stabilizer i wanted that would work right cause of high of tank could only find for kx 500 and was worried about mounting on front fendero. custom sealed air box no way for moisture to enter now
there's atleast 30 things i forgot to list on the ad suspention is at moto-experts being rebuilt
i'm probly gonna keep it since i've sold enough stuff to fix side cover other wise it'd all be for nothing if i missed next race

i've only listed it two places so i haven't had a whole lot of interest mainly kids on it. I've had a few 250f's and didn't like them to much plus didn't have a chair for me when i had to get one rebuilt

lol say what? Most stabilizers mount on top of your bars or on the front number plate. If your tank is hitting your bar pad I'd say something is wrong. Suspension being rebuilt does nothing for XC. Softer springs and a revalve to the rider's weight will. What 250F's did you have? Get a modern one and you'll be set. The market for 125's is dead.

I easily had 7 grand in this rm alone and only got 1100 for it. Fully rebuilt with a fresh top end, full hinson clutch, new ported cylinder, etc. Nobody really wants 125's anymore

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/rmsprocket.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/chain5.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z152/Rmrider125/chain7.jpg

400exrider69
03-05-2010, 08:43 AM
Like i said i'm gonna keep it since i've got rest of parts ordered at the time i listed i had serious money problem but i got that one fixed so i'm keeping it
the steering stabilizer's i've saw were for kx 500's and a stick mounted on frame then stabilizer was on handle bars. MY suspention is being revalved with new springs for 140lbs xc b class rider.

I've had just in 4 stroke bikes yz 426f with 479 big bore kit
yz 400 woods set up
06 kx 250f
02 yz 250f
05 yz 450f
they were alright but to heavy to muscle around in the woods on the kx 250f i couldn't find right gear for hills and hot starting a 4 stroke sucks imo if my bike dies it's 1 kick and i'm back going

KXRida
03-05-2010, 10:47 AM
Like i said i'm gonna keep it since i've got rest of parts ordered at the time i listed i had serious money problem but i got that one fixed so i'm keeping it
the steering stabilizer's i've saw were for kx 500's and a stick mounted on frame then stabilizer was on handle bars. MY suspention is being revalved with new springs for 140lbs xc b class rider.

I've had just in 4 stroke bikes yz 426f with 479 big bore kit
yz 400 woods set up
06 kx 250f
02 yz 250f
05 yz 450f
they were alright but to heavy to muscle around in the woods on the kx 250f i couldn't find right gear for hills and hot starting a 4 stroke sucks imo if my bike dies it's 1 kick and i'm back going

Adjust your valves and don't stall. My kxf stars first kick when it's hot with or without hot start most of the time. lol so wait, you're having trouble finding the right gear for hills on a 250f but you prefer a small bike with less low end and torque? Every bike you listed there with the exception of the kxf was a steel framed bike. The old yzf's are dinosaurs, especially the 400 and 426.
The stabilizers are usually part of top clamp on the bars or fender mounted. Stick mounts are not used for interference reasons nor would they work as good as a bar mount. So is it a rebuild or a revalve? Big difference between both.

400exrider69
03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
i never had problems with any of my bikes not starting the 250f on steep hills was either 1st or 2nd and it was either 1st some times and you'd be to low or 2nd and be to high this would of been solved with flywheel weight and gearing the best luck out of them was the yz 400f alot better in the woods the suspension is getting revalved i just called it rebuilt cause it's getting work done to it.

i can't find a stablizer for my year of bike nor have i looked extra hard just looked at one's for a 500 since there seems to be alot of them

the biggest enemy of 4 stroke bikes i had was heat even in the woods or track or what ever they would get very hot

i'm 120lbs with out gear on and 5'8 i can run my 125 around with ease i like the gearing of it alot more 2nd and 3rd for the woods works great i've had close to like 30 bikes and i've falling inlove with this bike i sold a yfz 450 to pay for the rebuild if that tells you how much i like it

KXRida
03-05-2010, 12:26 PM
sorry to hear you settled on a 125 :p

After making the 4t switch some years ago I would only own a 125 as a play bike. They just don't pull. A 250f will atleast get me by. If you're having gear issues put it in one gear and keep it cranked. Trust me, the 250f will rev. I raced a few harescrambles on my yzf. Never had any overheating issues. If you do, change your rad cap to a 1.6 instead of the 1.1 then.

400exrider69
03-05-2010, 02:17 PM
i might try a 250f again when i more up a class or get alot better job as or right now there's 4 of us that ride built 125's so it's pretty fun

KXRida
03-05-2010, 09:51 PM
My mild kxf would rip any of my 125's apart with the exception of one.

400exrider69
03-05-2010, 10:18 PM
there are faster bikes my yz426f with a 479kit was very very fast on take off but was geared short topped out at 70 mph

but in the woods it does great when racing i've past many other riders of all ages on 250f's and 450f's also it's all about rider and seat time on bike my bike is low on hp and on overall power devilery but it's light and i'm very light so i can work it around well i've not made it up some decent size hills and i can literally push it up the hill plus the money advantage i can put all new gaskets and seals piston rings power valve cleaning and cylinder honing for less than 300
i can get a piston and rings and gasket set for 130 or less

in bikes 2 stroke is the way to go imo
in quads i'm getting an ltr and racing it but prefer 4 stroke quads to each his own

KXRida
03-05-2010, 10:49 PM
there are faster bikes my yz426f with a 479kit was very very fast on take off but was geared short topped out at 70 mph

but in the woods it does great when racing i've past many other riders of all ages on 250f's and 450f's also it's all about rider and seat time on bike my bike is low on hp and on overall power devilery but it's light and i'm very light so i can work it around well i've not made it up some decent size hills and i can literally push it up the hill plus the money advantage i can put all new gaskets and seals piston rings power valve cleaning and cylinder honing for less than 300
i can get a piston and rings and gasket set for 130 or less

in bikes 2 stroke is the way to go imo
in quads i'm getting an ltr and racing it but prefer 4 stroke quads to each his own

2 stroke bikes are slowly being phased out, plain and simple. As far as passing all the 4 strokes, you can't base a rider by their bike. I've blown by semi worked 450's on a mostly stock 250F before. If you're blowing by GNCC B riders on a 125, I'm sure you'd be on something a little newer than an 01 kx 125. Something doesn't make sense. The kid I bought my kxf off of finished 4th overall in youth GNCC and got signed with team Husky. As far as price wise, I can get an oe top end an gaskets for $140 shipped, cheaper if I get it at the local shop. I can do a standard top end on my kxf for the same price as a 250 smoker.

400exrider69
03-06-2010, 08:59 AM
it's clearly a difference of views here you like 4 strokes fine and dandy i run 2 strokes and so do alot of people alot more now that people can't afford work on 4 strokes. You can clearly see 2 strokes coming back but it's just difference of views

KXRida
03-06-2010, 09:56 AM
I ran them for 8 years or so, the 4 stroke is just a much better machine in my eyes. cc for cc a 2 stroke does produce more power, but a four stroke is much more use-able. How do you see 2 strokes making a come back? My last ama race I was at had a full gate. Only 3 bikes were 250 smokers out of 40 and finished ahead of all of them on my yzf.