PDA

View Full Version : secondary oil cooler

wali2408
02-26-2010, 02:50 PM
anyone use one? how hard is the istall? i saw the put one on a xc project 400ex they said it could lower oil temp 40-50 degrees anyone think its worth $110

Pipeless416
02-26-2010, 02:59 PM
i have a four stroke tech cooler.. its not very easy to install, but its not something you couldn't handle if you have any mechanical aptitude. i know it works because i can go a lot longer without any heat fade with 11:1 compression. i had more heat problems when it was stock than now.

wali2408
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
i was wondering if i should get iti m planning on doing hare scrambles this season and i dont want my bike to over heat my bikes pretty stock now but imconsidering the sparks key and a hot cam by the way do you know if either of those hurt the reliability of your ex

Pipeless416
02-26-2010, 06:13 PM
anything that adds power will hurt reliability, considering the added stress from the extra power and any associated heat ie- sparks key. i would recommend it if you know what you're doing around these engines.

wali2408
02-26-2010, 07:07 PM
i dont have too much experience with this motor i would like to add power but one of the biggest reason i bought this bike was because of its reliability how much would those mods hurt it alot

jdog75
02-27-2010, 08:58 AM
not to bad imo as long as you're not buried im the rev limiter in every gear but that alone causes problems

sab24711
02-27-2010, 07:38 PM
four stroke tech oil cooler does have a really good way for the aux oil cooler but there are was to make it way easier and more practicable. i used a jagg oil cooler (cost more but looks way better than the cheap trans cooler) and they used the fst instructions for the engine modifications.

****i got one tip if you plan of doing it. when they want you to plug the original oil line in the jug. they want you to do it from the top of it, in my opinion its wayyyy to close to the bearing for the cam. to overcome this you plug the bottom of the oil line in jug. first you countersink it then drill and tap then a screw to plug it then tap the countersunk for a plug.****