PDA

View Full Version : a couple questions about my build

sangheraent
02-26-2010, 12:37 PM
well everyone I was trying to put my bike together for the first time and there are things not working out. so I was looking for some help thanks.

i got a 38a/s and i cant get the airbox boot on that sucker I tried boiling it and i couldnt get it any tips or do I need to buy something else? I boiled the intake boot and that worked just fine.

third thing I got a 450r rear caliper and mount and when I put the mount on the carrier and put the brake rotor on the caliper didnt line up do I need to do some sort of modification or is something just wrong? the brake stay is like mms from the rotor. there is no room for the caliper.

Velvet-Casket
02-26-2010, 07:04 PM
go to esr250.com and click on the listing for Intake. It will ask 2 or 4stroke. then select trx and its $39 for an airbox eliminator kit. plus $17 if you get an outerwear.

danhung11
02-26-2010, 07:46 PM
It will fit, I have 38 airstykers on both my quads with a 86 boot. On one, I used a hair dryer and the other one I used a propane heater and held the airboot close to the heating element until it was nice and soft.

86 Quad R
02-26-2010, 08:44 PM
as mentioned, it will go on there. you may have to get a lil help..... and have a zip tie handy for quick clamping. after it cools it'll hold better shape.