PDA

View Full Version : What's with this "shee" stuff

roadthrills
02-26-2010, 11:50 AM
Why are so many people calling a Banshee a "shee"?? I'm just wondering if it's an age thing or what? I mean, you don't hear people saying " I'm going to ride the ster this weekend". Or how about " My buddy has a pter that's wicked fast". I think the only way it sounds correct is to say the whole name...Banshee. If your name is "Peter" you don't go around introducing yourself as "ter" cause that would just be stupid.

So who agrees? And who calls theirs a "shee" and why do you do it?

02-26-2010, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by roadthrills
Why are so many people calling a Banshee a "shee"?? I'm just wondering if it's an age thing or what? I mean, you don't hear people saying " I'm going to ride the ster this weekend". Or how about " My buddy has a pter that's wicked fast". I think the only way it sounds correct is to say the whole name...Banshee. If your name is "Peter" you don't go around introducing yourself as "ter" cause that would just be stupid.

So who agrees? And who calls theirs a "shee" and why do you do it?

Banshee riders all around use it as a nickname. It's easier to say "shee" and sounds good. Calling Peter "Ter" doesn't sound right at all. But Shee doesn't sound messed up.

It's no different then calling Robert, Bob. And calling Thomas Tom.

Other then that there is no true reason. We just do.