PDA

View Full Version : Dunk crashes and takes out Kale Witmer

90cc DAD
02-25-2010, 03:25 PM
I have a few people telling me they couldn't find this video because of the last thread getting off topic... So I will post a link to the video here to make it easyer to find.
Thanks to everyone who has commented the video!!

click this link... http://d6quadsrule.takeforum.com/2010/02/23/jason-dunk-and-kale-witmer-crash/#post2

jcv400ex
02-25-2010, 07:45 PM
Holy cow, was their a crash in every damn class???

sunco
02-26-2010, 03:14 PM
my take on it is dunk hit the brake & his front wheel got between /on that white quads rear tire & that made him flip?

KXRida
02-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Holy cow, was their a crash in every damn class???

I think quads were the only classes to get the red flag. There was only one bike race to get a red flag I believe.

hasbeenttduner
02-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Or the white quad to dunks right didn't know or care that he was there.

jcv400ex
02-26-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by hasbeenttduner
Or the white quad to dunks right didn't know or care that he was there.

That's my opinion also.

ml450r
02-26-2010, 06:42 PM
How would the white quad no Dunk was there? Looks like dunk held his line and didn't back off causing the inevitable.

If someone is half a bike in front of you, they are going to the same turn your going to, they are coming your way. Most of the time this ends up with you on your head because it's your front tire......it's racing I guess.

kfx400rider03
02-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by ml450r
How would the white quad no Dunk was there? Looks like dunk held his line and didn't back off causing the inevitable.

If someone is half a bike in front of you, they are going to the same turn your going to, they are coming your way. Most of the time this ends up with you on your head because it's your front tire......it's racing I guess.

keyword racing.
dont give your line up for anyone. unless you are dead last and leads are passing.
but when its 3 wide going into a narrow corner only wide enough for 2 dont let off make the other person let off.
thats all i can say.

ml450r
02-26-2010, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
keyword racing.
dont give your line up for anyone. unless you are dead last and leads are passing.
but when its 3 wide going into a narrow corner only wide enough for 2 dont let off make the other person let off.
thats all i can say.

Tell me you don't race in my class:confused:

eastside 400
02-26-2010, 07:41 PM
haha, that kind of thinking ends up with these results, a crash, if you are behind the person and dont let off then you are going to be the one crashing too, just like what happened. this is what happens in every B and C start i see, now all these riders are riding A class and doing the same crap, everyone thinks that if you dont let off the other person will and then both end up getting taken out, you cant make a mid pack start a holeshot by just hitting everyone thats in front of you.

kfx400rider03
02-26-2010, 08:26 PM
whoops lol yeah i did realy miss word that. let off but dont give up your line i ment to say. and i dont race now but plan on it this summer.

elementryder
02-27-2010, 08:41 AM
yea well for any of you guys saying never give up your line for anyone is bullcrap, on a holeshot about half way down the start you start trying to figure out were your gonna set in place when it comes to the first turn, so you dont cause wrecks, dunk did not do this, the white quad beside him was CLEARLY ahead of him, they started to bottle neck into the first turn, and dunk didnt do that, he kept in the gas to try and bash his was to the front, if he would have just let off the gas and fell into his spot behind the white quad, there would not have been a wreck! and after dunk jumped up and realized he wreck and sat down untill it was red flagged was also very unprofessional!

and anyone who doesnt think i know how a holeshot works, check that video, i got the holeshot ;)

90cc DAD
02-28-2010, 03:59 PM
I watched the video again and again.
Tyler is right... Dunk stood up and noticed everyone in front of him
and picked a spot on the track where they would have to stop the race and sat down waiting for the red flag! As soon as he got the red flag .... he stood up and got back on his quad to race again. But didn't realize he was already disqualified.
His second mistake was removing his helmet!!
Great call by the track!!
But what happen to Kale Witmer was not a good call!!
It was someone else running on the track and disqualified him!
I think Dunk was upset because Joe Masta just beat him in race before his crash?

hasbeenttduner
03-01-2010, 09:53 AM
One thing for sure is that dunk cannot be his old self while he is on that Yamaha. And it is probably getting to him.
Say what you want but he was fast in 08. He then went west on the yami to race with non national regular pros and he was never a real threat like he should of been. Those guys are very fast but I am sure Dunk feels he should be racing with Nelson and Frenchie but couldn't. He has ruled at this race in the past but.....