PDA

View Full Version : ex wont start! please help

shazzam007
02-25-2010, 01:45 PM
400 running good although a little lean one day , the next i rejet and some how mushroom the end of the needle. put new needle in and it still wont hit a lick . put in new plug and it fires good blue spark. going to tear it all down again today and go thru everything. actually not sure if plug is all the way in - will that keep it from even hitting?has anyone had an experience like this? i should ad it has 86 mm 10.5 comp piston stage 2 hotcam amr monster coil and stage 3 rev box piped and filtered aftermarket. thanks in advance for any help

shazzam007
02-26-2010, 11:26 AM
update - got it started but backfires thru tailpipe and carb ...... will only run if pumping at half throttle . please reply if uve experienced this. makes no sense at all that its running smooth one day and just goes to crap overnight!!! im scratching my head and its time to ride here.

mineralgrey01gt
02-26-2010, 11:28 AM
hope the rev box didnt crap out, happened to my bros 250r, it would run but like total crap

shazzam007
02-26-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
hope the rev box didnt crap out, happened to my bros 250r, it would run but like total crap checked that still the same with oem box and new amr box

mineralgrey01gt
02-26-2010, 12:27 PM
is it leaking around the head gasket? Crack in the intake boot? Mine was doing the same thing and head gasket was blown and needed a new top end

shazzam007
02-26-2010, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by mineralgrey01gt
is it leaking around the head gasket? Crack in the intake boot? Mine was doing the same thing and head gasket was blown and needed a new top end head gasket good but havnt checked boot. i will definately look at it this afternoon ... thanks!!!

shazzam007
02-26-2010, 05:57 PM
got it fixed! the problem- needle seat fell out and i didnt notice (thats how end of needle got smashed). i actually had no idea anything else was in above the needle jet apperatus until i viewed an exploded carb image at bikebandit.anyhow just thought i would post the fix in case any other unfortunate soul runs into this. odd how a piece that small can make ya lose sleep!

jasonwayne222
02-26-2010, 06:05 PM
your one tooth off on the timing. If you recently rebuilt and it wont start then id bet thats it. Did it start doing this all of a sudden when it was running good.

clemsonteg
02-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Which piece was it?

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/schematics/Honda/HJ09060011017.gif

shazzam007
03-01-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by clemsonteg
Which piece was it?

http://www.bikebandit.com/assets/schematics/Honda/HJ09060011017.gif it was the needle jet piece #2 on the image i believe . it doesnt screw in it just sits atop the jet that the main jet screws into. i was trying to change the main without pulling the carb and instead of just the main coming out it all came out and i overlooked that peice. my buddy found actually found the peice that fell out at his house in the exact spot where i was working. lesson learned here - pay very close attention to even the very smallest of details! this little bitty piece kept me up nights for a week.