PDA

View Full Version : Installed 3degree key, retard instead of advance

jasonwayne222
02-25-2010, 07:56 AM
As some of you may know the site was down yesterday. Well I decided to put in my key yesterday. I put it in to where the crank was turned to the right, I put the key in with the slot that was machined to the left instead of to the right, which is what the picture showed in the sticky. It didnt make since to me when i was doing it because i figured the flywheel would just rotate to the right when i tightened it so i assumed it had to be installed with the machined slot to the left instead of the right. Well it runs fine i cant say I noticed much of a difference just in my backkyard but did i put it in backwards and should i take it out and turn it around.

jasonwayne222
02-25-2010, 10:53 AM
come on guys someone has had to have done one and remembered wether the machined slot was on the left or right when u put it in?

jasonwayne222
02-25-2010, 10:57 AM
looking at the sticky I definitly put it in wrong. im gonna change it. should it be running worse because i dont feel a difference really.

bigbad400
02-26-2010, 08:46 AM
you never know you machine may respond dif than another but it could help or make it worse. staying the same is odd.

jasonwayne222
02-26-2010, 09:35 AM
well its in the right way now and wow. what a difference