PDA

View Full Version : truckbed cover, anyone try these?

fasterblaster09
02-24-2010, 07:37 PM
well I just got me a 2000 silverado ext. cab short bed, and looking to put a bed cover for a better look. Not looking to spend an arm and a leg. Was searching a little and found these http://www.truckaddons.com/Catalog/subpages/extangbedcovers3.asp and was wantings some reviews, or if anyone else has any good experience with any that was a good price, let me know if you don't mind. Thanks, neil

vampyre666zz
02-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Extang covers are pretty nice. I've owned 2 and they always held up great. I had a snapless model that was super nice. Biggest pain in the arse to get on or off in winter but looked nice with no snaps

Thumpin440ex
02-24-2010, 08:18 PM
I have a extang, it has been great, btw it is their tuff tonneau, which is buttonless.. I would def buy another one.. :)

John

Exrider434
02-24-2010, 08:39 PM
i'd suggest buttonless, in my experience with mine, its near impossible to get them buttoned in the cold! such a pita, but other than that i love it, not a bad thing to say about it.

Quad18star
02-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Extang , Trifecta , all make good covers . Stay away from the buttons as mentioned .. shrink in the cold , stretch out in the heat.... a royal pain in the rectum.

KXRida
02-24-2010, 10:07 PM
I have a snap cover on my f150. Not an extang, but tonneau masters or something. Snaps are ok. This is the first snap cover I've never had a problem snapping. Hot or cold still goes on rather easy. Had it off the other day and snapped it back in place today. Can't complain about it at all.

Rich250RRacer
02-24-2010, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Thumpin440ex
I have a extang, it has been great, btw it is their tuff tonneau, which is buttonless.. I would def buy another one.. :)

John

I have a buttonless Extang too. It fits great, but even without the buttons, I don't take it off in the winter. My cover is due to be replaced, after six years it's starting to crack.

fasterblaster09
02-25-2010, 05:49 AM
Ok thanks guys, good thing that yall mentioned about the buttons, I was thinking the velcro would just come up. I will order that velcro, thanks again

Quad18star
02-25-2010, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by fasterblaster09
Ok thanks guys, good thing that yall mentioned about the buttons, I was thinking the velcro would just come up. I will order that velcro, thanks again

Velcro is even worse . You'll never get it to sit on the bed properly. My old man had it on one of his truck and used it for a year , then got rid of it.

dns1764
02-25-2010, 07:15 AM
go with the foldable hard cover. it is much better. i have the extang button one for my f150 and hate the thing. it has to be at least 80 degrees out to have it so on easy. in my opinion i wouldnt waste the money for one. they dont improve gas milegage, they just look nice

sunco
02-25-2010, 07:49 AM
Mine sucked. Had the buttons............... it sits in the shop the cover that is & the rails I recylced w/ the aluminum pile. Won't ever buy another - snap or velcro

Unverfehrt400ex
02-25-2010, 08:47 AM
i know they are a little more expensive but i would recommend going with a roll up cover like the ones from access or truxedo. I've had an access on both of my trucks and have been very pleased with them. it only takes about 10 seconds to roll open or closed and latches in place to make a very tight seal.

http://www.accesscover.net/store/mall/access.php

bustedknuckle
02-25-2010, 09:06 AM
i have had many types.for me the best has been . truxdo.no snaps.the velco works great.it wont sag.with all the snow it looks great. i like the cross pipes they hold up the cover.and roll up with the cover.there cover is covered for lifetime cant beat it...it also fits flush with the sides of the truck.

JAKE YATES
02-25-2010, 09:38 AM
mine is a truxedo and i will never buy any diffrent. works great.