PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious?

Fear250r
02-24-2010, 03:37 PM
Well, this is just another ebay rant, but here it goes.

I was bidding on something and was the high bidder with 29 seconds left. I was the only bidder. My max bid was a bit higher then the current bid there. Then of course, I lost the item. Someone out bid by exactly 2.50. Here's the part that seems fishy to me. Whoever outbid me, only bid once. So, his first and only bid at the last second happen to be exactly 2.50 more than my max bid? Does this seem a bit odd to anyone??

rlbuhsjr
02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
I think that it will auto bid at the end of auction with seconds left untill he outbids you if you have the program for it. the only bid you see is the one baeting you.

jcs003
02-24-2010, 04:13 PM
happened to me a few times. its frustrating.

heelclickinonaR
02-24-2010, 04:23 PM
You were sniped by a sniper program. They auto bid at the last second for the bidder. :devil:

tt racer
02-24-2010, 04:41 PM
Buddy bidding.

1promodfan
02-24-2010, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by heelclickinonaR
You were sniped by a sniper program. They auto bid at the last second for the bidder. :devil:

X2^^^^^^^^^^

MOVIN32
02-24-2010, 05:32 PM
thats bs i was just outbidded with 43sec on a flywheel weigth that sucks

Rootar
02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
i hate snipe programs.... i also hate ebay

latheboy
02-24-2010, 05:40 PM
If I really want something, with under a minute left, I bid the maximum I am willing to pay, for this very reason. Then, if you are outbid, at least it went for more than you are willing to pay.

The price won't go up unless you are bid against.

derby
02-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by latheboy
If I really want something, with under a minute left, I bid the maximum I am willing to pay, for this very reason. Then, if you are outbid, at least it went for more than you are willing to pay.

The price won't go up unless you are bid against.

Exactly what was said above. If I want something then I put in the maximum amt I am willing to pay with under 15 seconds left in the auction. Most of the time I win but sometimes someone puts in a higher bid. If you are one of those people who puts in a bid 5 dollars over current price every time you get outbid odds are you will loose.

Lets say a set of roll design foot pegs for 86-87 are listed and the current bid is $200. If I really want them Then last 20 seconds come up I will put in $300. For all you 5 dollar uppers(as I refer to you as) you got 10 seconds or less to enter 20 bids of $5 increases to outbid me. THis keeps the price lower for me so the 5 dollar uppers cant up the bid over the last minute of the auction.

Fear250r
02-24-2010, 06:08 PM
I did put my max in before I left for work. The auction was ending around 11am and my boss has been taking the modem home with him, so I've got no internet at work. Otherwise, I would have waiting till the last 20-30 seconds to put my max bid in. Oh well. I just thought it was odd.

1ProMod, it was for a trx9 pipe, so, uh, let me know when you're ready to part with yours!! lol

Fear250r
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
I did put my max in before I left for work. The auction was ending around 11am and my boss has been taking the modem home with him, so I've got no internet at work. Otherwise, I would have waited till the last 20-30 seconds to put my max bid in. Oh well. I just thought it was odd. Especially when you see no one was "testing the waters" so to speak.

1ProMod, it was for a trx9 pipe, so, uh, let me know when you're ready to part with yours!! lol

1promodfan
02-24-2010, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Fear250r
I did put my max in before I left for work. The auction was ending around 11am and my boss has been taking the modem home with him, so I've got no internet at work. Otherwise, I would have waited till the last 20-30 seconds to put my max bid in. Oh well. I just thought it was odd. Especially when you see no one was "testing the waters" so to speak.

I hear ya bro!! I love my TRX-9 pipe.........I almost parted with it a while back, but I went a different route. I bought a Banshee to drag race insted.:D

Fear250r
02-25-2010, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by 1promodfan
I bought a Banshee to drag race insted.:D

Ugh....a Banshee!! lol I'm on another forum with a bunch of Banshee guys and boy are they cocky and obnoxious!!!