PDA

View Full Version : A-Arm Size Debate +1-up flaws

Shawthy33
02-24-2010, 02:02 PM
Ok, so after running around and discussing this with multiple other people I heard a couple rumors or beliefs that the +2+1 on a quad will throw off the steering geometry (I'm on a 400ex) unless you extend the swingarm to match?

Does the +1 change the front end enough to negatively effect things when keeping a stock rear end??

Just curious, thanks for any input

matt250r21
02-25-2010, 06:44 AM
+1 forward arms were a setup for MX TRX250Rs back in the day. I have been told it put more weight on the rear tires for starts. The swingarm was kept the stock length (88-89) though. It extended the wheel base and made the R more stable at speed. The trade off of +1 forward arms is in the turns. Since the wheel base is longer it should not turn as tight as stock.

I have heard that +1 forward arms should only be used on Banshees and that on every other quad they are a step backwards. I would like to hear other opinions on this as well considering that most of the pros back when TRX250R were popular ran this +1 forward setup in MX.

sexysilverado45
02-28-2010, 10:36 PM
I believe that the plus one gives you more stability in the straight line.

Jim417mx
03-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Read the big topic at the top of this forum.. it tells you everything you will need to know!:)