PDA

View Full Version : big gun exhaust????? questions..

vicsdvx400
02-23-2010, 11:14 PM
so i have a big gun exhaust, but the stock header pipe.
Does anyone know if i can just buy any header pipe and
if it will fit on my big gun exhaust??? Which header pipe do you
guys recommend??...

also i'm in the process of doing the 400ex intake boot mod just ordered all parts I need..

Will I need to re-jet my carb after doing header pipe and boot mod? what jets do u guys recommend.. i'm from california and 90% or my riding is at the Pismo Dunes which is right next to the ocean. thanks in advance guys.. this is my first ever quad and
i'm just trying to learn and do some mods because most of my
friends have either yfz's 450's or hondas 450r and i'm tired of being the last one in the pack.. lol

cataway
02-24-2010, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by vicsdvx400
so i have a big gun exhaust, but the stock header pipe.
Does anyone know if i can just buy any header pipe and
if it will fit on my big gun exhaust??? Which header pipe do you
guys recommend??...

also i'm in the process of doing the 400ex intake boot mod just ordered all parts I need..

Will I need to re-jet my carb after doing header pipe and boot mod? what jets do u guys recommend.. i'm from california and 90% or my riding is at the Pismo Dunes which is right next to the ocean. thanks in advance guys.. this is my first ever quad and
i'm just trying to learn and do some mods because most of my
friends have either yfz's 450's or hondas 450r and i'm tired of being the last one in the pack.. lol for jetting ,some thing like 160 - 165 and #25 pj

350ex
02-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Sorry to tell ya but they'll still be able to pull on ya pretty easy. Do some research on the air boot mod. To get it to work to its full potential you need to move the inlet on the airbox up a bit. Im cutting out the front of the box and replacing it with an aluminum platemodified to be able to move the hole for the intake up a bit. Without doing this, the boot will get smashed on the shock mount restricting the air flow. You wont see an increase unless you do this.

vicsdvx400
02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by cataway
for jetting ,some thing like 160 - 165 and #25 pj
so the only two things that need to be changed are the main jet and the the pilot jet???