PDA

View Full Version : Do i need a rebuild?

moddedblaster20
02-23-2010, 04:45 PM
hey guys. recently when being cold started it would put out quite a bit of blue smoke then go away after a minute or so. is this the sign that i need new rings or something with the valves? if i need a rebuild what are all the parts i need? i was told its a 416 when i bought it a few months back. any help would be great! im not too happy about this being i just bought it in December :mad:

brewster426
02-23-2010, 05:33 PM
if it goes away after it runs, it probably valve guide seals..not a big deal.

moddedblaster20
02-23-2010, 05:37 PM
yes it goes away after it runs for a min or two. how hard is it to replace the valve seals? is it hurting anythign running it how it is?

jdog75
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
its hard or easy depending on haw crafty you are. me my friend and his dad created this thing out of a sparkplug a tap and a airchuck to hold compresed air in the cyliner to hold the valves closed. if you can do something similar all you need to do is get a valve spring compresor and remove head cover cam and valve springs one valve at a time carefuly taking off the seals and replacing them(simply pulling the old ones off and pushing the new ones on) them put the spring back on and your done. or you can take off the head and buy a new head gasket and do the same as above without the air. its alot cheaper the first way

jdog75
02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
its hard or easy depending on haw crafty you are. me my friend and his dad created this thing out of a sparkplug a tap and a airchuck to hold compresed air in the cyliner to hold the valves closed. if you can do something similar all you need to do is get a valve spring compresor and remove head cover cam and valve springs one valve at a time carefuly taking off the seals and replacing them(simply pulling the old ones off and pushing the new ones on) them put the spring back on and your done. or you can take off the head and buy a new head gasket and do the same as above without the air. its alot cheaper the first way