PDA

View Full Version : sorry to sound like a complete noob

THORrider350
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Like the title says, im sorry. ok so i new to the LTR. i came from a 07 yfz. I picked up a ltr on trade for my yfz cause i wanted a change in a positive way. one of the bonuses were of course fuel injection. well here my question. what is a cherry bomb? what is a power commander? what do i need? as of right now i took the bike to an awesome mechanic around here and told him to take his time and give it a real good once over on the engine, clutch, whatever it needs, this was about a month ago. the bike came with a HC piston, full moto works pipe, and cherry bomb. the guy who does my quad in that time replaced the chutch with a hinson basket and got an unbelieveable deal on stage 2 cams and rebuilt the rear shock and a couple other little things. sorry to keep jumping around but i am curious as of what i need now? is a cherry bomb the same as a power commander? do i need both? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

ATVMX33
02-23-2010, 11:54 AM
the cherry bomb is just a chip that bypasses the stock map and sets it up for a free flowing pipe, a power commander will actually let you setup a map for your exact needs. if your getting cams and with the piston i would reccomend getting the pc

miles Machine
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Cherry bomb (CRBM=coaxial relay bypass module)...it is basically a resistor that forces the stock ECU into a hidden map, and does exactly what atvmx33 says but he left out that it raises the rev limit 1000rpm. The cherry bomb is good for stock engine baffle out or slip on and air box lid off. once you get into cams, full system pipes, high comp pistons, port work, or freer flowing intakes in any of thos combination's or by themselves it is smart to get a fuel controller (power commander, yoshimura pim, what ever you decide but thats a whole other lesson) to download maps or make a custom map to make the air fuel ratio right. You can use the cherry bomb and a fuel controller together you basically negate the map that the crbm give you but you retain the 1000 higher rpm.

hope this helps pm me if you have any other questions