PDA

View Full Version : Kasea ?'s

miniquaddad90
02-23-2010, 09:16 AM
We have a Kasea 90 for my son. This quad is mainly used for trail riding but he wants to try some motorcross and TT events this year. We have GT Thunder +2 arms and good shocks up front. Have an Elka rear shock with a "homemade" +2 swinger that came with the quad. The quad also came with the stock swing arm. My question here is about the swingarm. I dont like the hack job of the the extended swingarm...... Should I go back to the stocker or would an Apex or DRR stock swing arm be any better for us? Also need to widen out the rear to match the front. I have wheels spacers but also was wondering if there is a different stock stlye axle that would fit but still widen it out without wheel spacers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

mini racer #39
02-23-2010, 11:44 AM
You can do all the same modifications to a Kasea as the DRR..Apex..etc..can do. My son has been racing a Kasea nationally for years and those on here will tell you that he is very competitive. as far as your question..Dave Carter is the only person to make dual a arms for the front. i believe Apex or DRR swing arm will work. Dura Blue makes an extended axle. Motor work would be the same as the Apex...DRR...Eton. I can email you pics of our 2 Kasea's if you would like to see how we have ours set up. Good luck with your Kasea.

miniquaddad90
02-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by mini racer #39
You can do all the same modifications to a Kasea as the DRR..Apex..etc..can do. My son has been racing a Kasea nationally for years and those on here will tell you that he is very competitive. as far as your question..Dave Carter is the only person to make dual a arms for the front. i believe Apex or DRR swing arm will work. Dura Blue makes an extended axle. Motor work would be the same as the Apex...DRR...Eton. I can email you pics of our 2 Kasea's if you would like to see how we have ours set up. Good luck with your Kasea.

Thanks for the info. I plan on keeping the +2 single a-arms. Just want to widen out the rear to match and wasnt sure if the geometery of the Apex or DRR swingarm would be different or better. I like how it handles currently but the "homemade" extended swing arm scares me and the width needs to match the front. The motor is built nicely already and runs strong....:D

mxdad423
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Hey Jerry and miniquaddad90, I am pretty sure the Apex and DRR swing arms have differant off sets than the Kasea's, I think if you put a DRR or Apex one on the rear sprocket won't match up to the sprocket on the engine, I know for sure the spacing is differant with the axle, and the diameter of the axle where it goes through the carrier bearings is differant also, plus the Kasea's had the drum brake set up on them stock and the DRR and Apex's have disc so that throws everthing off on the spacing to. On our Kasea the whole back end is Dinli, so when Dave built our swing arm he had to make it fit all the Dinli stuff, (Brake hub, sproket hub, ECT) but make the offsets for the Kasea. Hope that helps you out, but give Dave Carter a call and he can help you out.

Kevin Smitley

90cc DAD
02-23-2010, 09:59 PM
We have built many race Kaseas and swapped DRX motors and Kasea motors... they will both work. As far as the front A-arms.... I didn't like Dave Carters set up so we made a set that has out performed Dave's by at least 100% His duel set up is fine as long as you don't jump very big.
Here is a picture of our race Kasea....

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p422/Tylersdad95y/Kasea90cc.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p422/Tylersdad95y/Motorama09004.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p422/Tylersdad95y/poster2_640.jpg

Hope these pics will help you a little.
As you can see in the second pic... it has a DRX motor on it with a radiator.
Sometimes the home made a-arms work better then the
others!! Just need to make sure you get the geometry correct.

airmobile101
02-23-2010, 11:56 PM
Nice!

02-24-2010, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Hey Jerry and miniquaddad90, I am pretty sure the Apex and DRR swing arms have differant off sets than the Kasea's, I think if you put a DRR or Apex one on the rear sprocket won't match up to the sprocket on the engine, I know for sure the spacing is differant with the axle, and the diameter of the axle where it goes through the carrier bearings is differant also, plus the Kasea's had the drum brake set up on them stock and the DRR and Apex's have disc so that throws everthing off on the spacing to. On our Kasea the whole back end is Dinli, so when Dave built our swing arm he had to make it fit all the Dinli stuff, (Brake hub, sproket hub, ECT) but make the offsets for the Kasea. Hope that helps you out, but give Dave Carter a call and he can help you out.

Kevin Smitley

is this what your swinger looks like Kevin , This is DC/Max Rpm swinger for a Dinli.

mxdad423
02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Yes and No, LOL. We have the square tubing one, I had one of the round tubing one's like your's but when Dave went to the square tubing I got one of those one's, don't think there was really any performance differance between the square or round just liked the looks of the square tubing one better. You know got to look good to.....LOL

Kevin Smitley

Originally posted by tgcheeseman
is this what your swinger looks like Kevin , This is DC/Max Rpm swinger for a Dinli.

mxdad423
02-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by 90cc DAD
We have built many race Kaseas and swapped DRX motors and Kasea motors... they will both work. As far as the front A-

arms.... I didn't like Dave Carters set up so we made a set that has out performed Dave's by at least 100% His duel set up is fine as long as you don't jump very big.
Here is a picture of our race Kasea....

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p422/Tylersdad95y/Kasea90cc.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p422/Tylersdad95y/Motorama09004.jpg
http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/p422/Tylersdad95y/poster2_640.jpg

Hope these pics will help you a little.
As you can see in the second pic... it has a DRX motor on it with a radiator.
Sometimes the home made a-arms work better then the
others!! Just need to make sure you get the geometry correct.

Yes the engine's are the same, I wasn't talking about the engine's I said that the swing arm's were differant, they have differant off sets then the DRR and Apex, mainly because of the drum brakes, that's what I meant about the rear sprocket not lineing up with the engine, because of the differant off sets.
As far as Dave's front end not taking big air, thats funny.....Go to High Point and look at the big double behind the starting gates, all of our 90's do that double and alot of them have Dave's set up on them including mine and have never had an issue what so ever in as many years that we have been using them, some where around 6 years. My son had a pretty bad crash at Doublin gap last year, you may have been there not sure. but anyway when he went over the hill he slammed into at least 5 trees that I could tell for sure, everything on the front end bent and broke, frame, bolts that hold the lower a-arms onto frame, bumper, wheel, caliper, rotor, spindle. But there was absolutely no damage to any of Dave's front end parts except the spacers on the lower a-arms, witch got egg shaped because of the factory bots that bent like pretzels. So I would never say that his stuff won't take big air or big hits. Between all of our builds over the years I have had 4 of Dave's swing arms, and 4 or 5 sets of his a-arms, standard and long travel, I know I shouldn't say this because I am probably going to jinx myself but I have never had any of his stuff crack, break, or fail in anyway. My opinion he has some of the best built products out there. JMO

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
02-24-2010, 06:03 PM
Here's a pic of our swing arm, if you look you will see it has everything the same as the dinli but the off sets are differant, hard to see it in the pic but the one thing you can see pretty obvious is the shock mount location, the Kasea shock mount is more toward's the center where the Dinli is off set to the right. And this one has the long travel mount.

Kevin Smitley