PDA

View Full Version : Kasea upgrades ?'s.....

miniquaddad90
02-23-2010, 09:15 AM
We have a Kasea 90 for my son. This quad is mainly used for trail riding but he wants to try some motorcross and TT events this year. We have GT Thunder +2 arms and good shocks up front. Have an Elka rear shock with a "homemade" +2 swinger that came with the quad. The quad also came with the stock swing arm. My question here is about the swingarm. I dont like the hack job of the the extended swingarm...... Should I go back to the stocker or would an Apex or DRR stock swing arm be any better for us? Also need to widen out the rear to match the front. I have wheels spacers but also was wondering if there is a different stock stlye axle that would fit but still widen it out without wheel spacers.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

nastynotchback1
02-23-2010, 02:09 PM
If it were me i would buy an axle and good ext swinger.

miniquaddad90
02-23-2010, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I would but keeping this on a budget, got 2 laid out TRX90's my daughter races. Cant justify the investment at his young age and just starting out. Hoping if he likes racing he will move up to big sis's back up Honda. If I find a used axle which ones will fit? It has a drum brake, will the Apex or DRR axles fit? I see a lot of people referencing square tube or round tube swingers..... is there any difference?

nastynotchback1
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM
The axles will interchange.if he is not airing it out i would just use the wheel spacers and the stock swinger if that moded one looks unsafe.