PDA

View Full Version : 2001 dodge ram 4wd help needed!!

quadracer440ex
02-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello i know this is a open forum i was trying to get a local shop to fix my 4 wheel drive for me but they are just to freaking busy so here i go looking into it and found out that it looks like a vacum line going to the front axle is not there so i was wondering if any of you guys can give me a web sit for the vacum line diagram or help me out big storm comming thursday and really could use the help thank you

i have the 01 dodge ram 1500 sports package and im hopeing that this just is the only problem i need to fix the 4wheel drive

also another quiestion if you guys are well educated on this my cruise control just quit on me out of no were doesnt work at all anymore not light or anything ???

thank you really appreciate the help big time

elite ATV1
02-23-2010, 10:19 AM
Here dave sing up here http://dodgeforum.com/forum/index.php
and they should be able to help you out lots of helpfull info here.:macho

97blaster200
02-23-2010, 11:16 AM
does the light for the 4x4 come on?

Titanium
02-23-2010, 11:38 AM
I would recomend calling a dealership for your vacuum diagrams and having them fax them to you.

I would start diagnosing your cruise control situation by checking the fuses. If the fuse is good its possible your multi function switch is bad. To see if the multi switch is bad your goin to have to pop off the front cover on your steering wheel and probe the connections for the cruise control with a volt-meter to see if your getting any current through them. From the sounds of it your obviously not gettin any current if the switches arent even lighting.

quadracer440ex
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
I don't know bout the 4wd light because of me having. Aftermarket gauges and not ever knowing wen I was in 4wd but it does engage and tires do spin but my *** end is everywere its not like every year I use to be able to plow thre snow like nothing!! I found the vacum lines and found one that was melted so I replaced that and still does not seem to be working right. You can hear the gears not seeming to locking in right on the frnt axle but I did have the frnt axle cover off and didn't see any metal bits or anything ....I'm so lost an want to get this fixed!! Thanks for the replys keep them comming. Seems that. One of the hubs are locking up or something ......also how do u get the steering wheel cover off to check that

400exrider707
02-23-2010, 09:26 PM
These trucks are notorious for having brake fluid leak and eat the vacuum lines for the 4x4.