PDA

View Full Version : Seat Cover Staple Guns?

Shawthy33
02-23-2010, 09:04 AM
A lot of guys on here have sticker kits or replacement seat covers, I wanted to see what you used for a staple gun to put on the new seat covers. I don't see the normal staples punching through the plastic seat pan, so I'm curious,

I have access to a neumatic set-up i.e. a builders staple gun for trim and other home building efforts.

Also, what length staples are used?

I have a stock black seat that is replacing the red one. Thanks

dubee
02-23-2010, 10:17 AM
I just helped my buddy put one on. we use 1/4 staple gun it worked but it was a pain in the butt to get them good and ALOT of staples wasted, so i would for sure get a strong gun to do it.

CJM
02-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Air powered guns are what ya need and what I used before. Tried the HD electric ones and they didnt do to good a job.

smokestarter
02-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Just bought one from harbor freight by someone's recommendation on this forum. I'll let you know how it works out next week when the gun and seat cover arrive.

smokestarter
02-28-2010, 10:22 AM
Just finished my seat cover and I have to say that having the air gun made it SO easy. You just have to be careful since their is no safety on the gun, it doesn't have to be touching a surface to fire a staple.