PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex intake boot

shawn dorr
02-22-2010, 08:00 PM
does anyone have pics of how they modified the 400 ex intake boot to work on a z-400. i would just like to have an idea before i start cutting. thanks

cataway
02-23-2010, 03:53 AM
this may help you
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377416&perpage=10&highlight=ex boot&pagenumber=1

other than that use the search function "ex boot"

vicsdvx400
02-23-2010, 11:01 PM
well i'm also in the process of doing the 400ex intake boot mod and have been doing some research here on this website.. a lot of good information here.

vicsdvx400
02-26-2010, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by shawn dorr
does anyone have pics of how they modified the 400 ex intake boot to work on a z-400. i would just like to have an idea before i start cutting. thanks
i just got done doing the intake boot mod on my quad and it was way easier then originally thought. My brother was helping me out and we read a few articles on here and my brother came up with a simpler idea where you don't have to cut the 400ex boot at all. Just make a whole on the airbox big enough for the whole intake boot to go through and adapt the intake filter on the other side and you're done. Really simple. I'm pretty sure others here have done it that way, the boot it's not bent in any way to where it could restrict the airflow... It's fully extended!! Happy with the results thanks to my brother... i was getting ready to start cutting both the boot and box, but good thing I didn't.

350ex
02-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Huh thats not a bad idea. Same idea as putting a piece of pipe through the front of the box. Im finishing mine right now. I want mine watertight so im replacing the front of it with a piece of aluminum. I cut out the airbox outlet off and gorilla glued it to the aluminum. I'll seal it up with some silicone. I wanted to utilize my twin air setup and the pipe going through wouldn't have worked for me.

cataway
02-27-2010, 02:21 PM
i have one of these thing i no longer need
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/cataway/carbboot065.jpg