PDA

View Full Version : jetting problem?

kenny13258
02-22-2010, 07:07 PM
I have an 07 that i bought brand new a few weeks ago, i installed the hmf bill ballance slip on and it seemed to run alright with the stock jets but installed a 42 pilot and a 152 main. the bike starts right up and seems to idle a whole bunch better, but when i go from closed to wide open throttle it dies on me. i can ease on it and get it to wide open with no problem. im still running the stock needle, possible i need to go higher with the main jet?

clemsonteg
02-22-2010, 07:12 PM
Did you change your F/A screw at all? May be a little to rich on the pilot circuit now if you didn't go in some (I think thats the right direction) with the fuel screw. Trying a 155 main probably wouldn't hurt either

3400ben
02-22-2010, 07:26 PM
http://www.atvriders.com/articles/jetting.html

good read hope it helps

f4iracer
02-23-2010, 07:11 AM
it's your needle for sure.

just get an adjustable needle from dynojet. I had this same problem and i got the dynojet needle and put it on the 3rd clip position. Now it runs like a top!

clemsonteg
02-23-2010, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by f4iracer
it's your needle for sure.

just get an adjustable needle from dynojet. I had this same problem and i got the dynojet needle and put it on the 3rd clip position. Now it runs like a top!

I was actually gonna refer him to your thread but I couldn't find it when I looked last night