PDA

View Full Version : 06 yfz 450 turn off problem

nonsence956
02-22-2010, 04:14 PM
i have 06 yfz 450 and its been messing up when u turn it on it will last a while till it gets hot then it dies. i already did the carb and valves twice and still turns off. it works fine when u have the revlimiter high but soon u let off it dies only works little sux i almost crash cause it dies when im in the air. it like turns off like if u hit the switch. i got this bike from a kid who got a bad injury and left the bike parked for a while but idk. one of the local riders think it could be the stator but need help what do u guys think

Ncboost
02-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Do you have a tether on the bike? You need to figure out if youre loosing fuel or spark.

nonsence956
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ncboost
Do you have a tether on the bike? You need to figure out if youre loosing fuel or spark.

nope dude i dont have tether

KH426
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
is there anything done to your bike? ie pipe, airfilter, gas cap or breather hose.

nonsence956
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by KH426
is there anything done to your bike? ie pipe, airfilter, gas cap or breather hose.

has stock airfilter open lid with a dyno jet kit stage 2

cosinostra
02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd clean the carb out again.. Check all the jets, air screw, choke etc. sounds like somethings clogged up.. Clean the heck out of it...
Might just have incorrect jetting for the cold weather..

nonsence956
02-23-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by cosinostra
I'd clean the carb out again.. Check all the jets, air screw, choke etc. sounds like somethings clogged up.. Clean the heck out of it...
Might just have incorrect jetting for the cold weather..

i dont think its that cause when it work for while it runs great it dosent bog or anything but soon u let go of the rpms and if the bike is hot turns off .....they told me it could be the stator thats its messed up or the recticifier what do u think

miles Machine
02-23-2010, 08:36 PM
well to rule out the stator test its voltage, resistance, and insulation breakdown when its cold and running right...then get it hot so it dosnt run right and quickly test it again and compare your results...remember test on the charge and the trigger coil