PDA

View Full Version : Keihin replacement needles vs. JD Kit needle

mountainmanscg
02-22-2010, 02:56 PM
What i have is an 08' 525 IRS with EHS Lid, Pro Flo Designs Collar, Large K&N filter, O-ring mod, R&D Adjustable leak jet, & currently running a 155 main, 50 pilot.

I talked to JD & they do not offer the needles alone apart from the kit - i have tons of jets & o-rings so i don't need the entire kit - just the needle. I have been reading on this site & at KTMtalk & was curious if anyone knew which Keihin replacement needles are close to the tapers on the JD needles. If i can get close, they are only +/- $8 over at Jetsrus.com so i could pick up a few. just don't want to stab in the dark.

thanks

birdman7389
02-23-2010, 04:11 AM
The honda HRC kit's needle is the hot ticket, do a google search or check out KTMatvtalk.com

;)

mountainmanscg
02-23-2010, 07:12 AM
thanks birdman - i actually have the HRC needle in an 05 honda 450R carb that is on my scrambler - this is not a true "FCR" carb, even though it is close - wonder if the needles were the same from HRC through the years?

mountainmanscg
02-23-2010, 08:53 AM
ok - so i am not the brightest bulb in the box at times, but i cannot find an KTMatvtalk.com - are you referring to KTMtalk.com? & if so, i don't see much on there about th HRC needle either. I am guessing it is the NCYR needle?

birdman7389
02-23-2010, 01:54 PM
ahh, sorry bout that. KTMATVHQ

http://www.ktmatvhq.com/forum/invision/index.php?

They have a carb guru over there, and the best info on the engine in our ATV's that I have found...