PDA

View Full Version : Woods carb set up

Dustin_Drews
02-22-2010, 09:03 AM
I have a 40 mm lectron carb on the quad now I am going to take off! I feel it is rather large for a woods set up... I was thinking about going with the 38mm airstriker but i wonder if that is going to be small enough? Right now I have a fatty pipe and vforce 3 reeds and a low to mid port job with the stock bore...
I plan on getting a PV 310 from esr once I get all my suspension stuff done... I do not want to buy 2 carbs so would you guys go with the 38mm airstriker or the 35mm these are the only 2 airstriker carbs that I know of the others are standard pwk carbs! "Correct me if I am wrong"
Also what is the best intake boot for this set. IE the one that mounts from the carb to the reed cage! Some reading has talked about a CR intake? Also using a CR reedcage? More info would be appreciated!
I race tight woods with open sections that really allow the quad to streach its legs so I kind of need the best of both worlds...
Also what throttle cable do I need with the 38mm airstriker to work inconjuction with the 400ex thottle housing?
I might add if any one wants to buy me a brand new Airstriker I will give them my like new lectron for trade.
God Bless,
Dustin Drews

troybilt
02-22-2010, 10:22 AM
If you go with a 310 bore I'd go with a 38 A/S carb, if you go smaller bore, I'd lean more towards a 35 A/S or 36 PWK, although a 38 will work too.

Vforce III, I'd trade that for a boyesen rad valve with RL-19 reeds, or Curtis Sparks CR Reed cage.

The CR rad valve mounts to the 38 carb fine, the 35 for sure and probably the 36 have a smaller carb to reed cage intake OD and the stock size boot fits. With a rad valve you can get a boot that has a smaller inlet for the carb and can mount a 35 to it. I just did this on my build. Also needed a reed spacer to mount this as well.

Dustin_Drews
02-22-2010, 10:50 AM
Also what year CR 250 rad valves do people use?
God Bless,
Dustin

troybilt
02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Dustin_Drews
Also what year CR 250 rad valves do people use?
God Bless,
Dustin

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384963&highlight=reed+cage