PDA

View Full Version : Mud Racing Help

450rutmaker
02-21-2010, 05:58 PM
My son has a mini(70) built by T. Covil the bike screams and recently been turned into a mud race bike for the 0-125 class. Now when I say mud they race 30 foot in about 6-10in of water. I tried a few diff snorkel setups and couldnt get the same amount of power out of it. I put a coffee can over it and the tires knock it off.

What can I do?

Also his bike could win almost everyone of these races except it seems to shut off on his 2nd or 3rd pass and its single elimination. I have put dielectric grease on his plug.

Whats killing the motor?

jerkyboy
02-21-2010, 06:53 PM
When we run in wet conditions I use dryer vent and run it up under the front plastics. Just dont leave the end faceing upward.

450rutmaker
02-21-2010, 07:01 PM
Does it need to be rejetted when you put this hose on?

I tried 3 diff snorkel setups and none of them had power.
1-- homemade pvc set up with and without tape on end to restrict air.
2-- Piece of spa flex hose with and without K&N filter on end.
3-- K&N filter with Coffee can screwed onto the outside of filter (filter now trashed) Can would pull the filter off the carb.

jerkyboy
02-21-2010, 07:33 PM
I havent rejetted when running this setup. But thats somthing you would have to check. Make sure to zip tie it around the carb
and some duct tape to seal it up a little better cant hert.

JIM GRACE
02-21-2010, 09:19 PM
I would also run a skid plate or duct tape on
the bottom frame rails to keep a lot of the water
off of the head pipe. And some big a ** tires
for some ground clearence.

zach R 7x
02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
BUY A 4- STROKE!!!LOL :D these minis are not designed to run in water and mud. to many bad things can happen.

450rutmaker
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
hes smoking every 4 stroke out there. Only atv to beat his under 125cc got traction and Cody spun. Hes been beating them by 2-3 quads in 30 ft. I'll figure it out or have Tracy come up with something I have a pm in to him.