PDA

View Full Version : $400 bucks by March.What To Do To My Rancher

HondaRancherES
01-24-2003, 01:23 PM
Well I'll have 400 to spend on the Rancher by March so I tought I'd ask ya'll what I should spend it on. I dont wanna go into the motor cause I dont know squat about the motors on these things. Also keep in mind it's a 2x4 Rancher ES. Any qpinions would be appreciated. Here is a pic as of now.

http://www.links.exriders.com/gallery/album08/Side_of_my_Rancher_11_04_02

cabex
01-24-2003, 02:46 PM
A good pipe and a K&N filter would do that thing good. Thats what id do

stocktires
01-24-2003, 03:13 PM
honestly.....sell it

but you could pick up alot for $400
exhausts, filter, jets, tires, wheels, handlebars, shocks

what do YOU want? is the question

bigbadbrad
01-24-2003, 04:37 PM
hmf pipe it is 209.95 + $20 for a spark arestor, a k&n and some new front tires if ya need them or maybe a winch or some lights so ya can see better at night or maybee some stuff from high lifter

lil400exman
01-24-2003, 05:00 PM
if it were me i like the racing look utility

take off racks
uneeded guards like heatsheild
shave fenders a bit i mean like shave arond the edges...........gives it a custom look
buy some sure trac or all tracs they work reall well
get a k&n jet kit -exhaust pipe and kool racing stikers
wheel ring from i think uglymother pm him you can get a set of 4 for 30 buks and have them spot welded in they help your rims from bending and look factory racing.............alos get rims in .190...........those are just my opinions.....lose weight on her and she will be a differnt quad!
also i heard that you can put 300ex front shocks on a racher with like no work that will help your ride if you lose the racks and stuff it will make her more sporty!
sell yoour stok rims and tires for more moola!

HondaRancherES
01-25-2003, 06:01 AM
No I dont like the shaved fender idea. I think that makes it ugly. I do need front tire and I might get a new exhaust cause mine is bent.I can get the Supertrap IDS2 for 189.99. Is it as good as the HMF? See my friend has a 2x4 Rancher too and hes always trying to outdo me modwise so I want to outdo him. I got Super Swampers on the back. He got Vampires. Now I want to get ahead of em in all way I can so any help is appreciated

Braff1
01-25-2003, 07:19 AM
I would recommend the HMF over the Supertrapp. I have a supertrapp on my 300 EX. Yes it is nice, but I think the HMF would give you a better power gain than the supertrapp. Another item you may want to look for is a new head pipe (the one that goes from the cylinder head to the silencer). I got the most gains from this with my 300 EX.

next, what kind of riding you primarily do? Then try to find a good tire to satisfy that need. If you are into mudding I would stay away from the big monster tire since it is going to take power away.

Hope I helped.

Braff1
01-25-2003, 07:22 AM
I would also recommed getting K & N filter with outerwears pre-filter. More air=more hp

DEAL
01-25-2003, 08:28 AM
Supertrapp is a decent pipe, You can't expect much from a performance pipe on a ute.

lil400exman
01-25-2003, 08:44 AM
maxxis all tracs look great get them in the smallest size you can in trails thats nice you dont need a 28 in tire:huh lol but about cutting the fenders dont chop them................style them like the edges round them off cut mud flaps and it will look 10x different put a bunch of racing stickers on her and she will loook like a utility racer................. i think mickey dunlap has a killer pipe for a rancher...............also take her to a shop put a k&n filter on her and tell the guy to tune her out i rode a stock rancher tuned her to the max and i was like:eek: lol ranchers are "detuned" from the factory..............with a pipe and filter and new tires and no racks and heavy guards i bet you can beat the pants off him even more so cause your a girl..............................girl means lighter less load on engine higher top speed and acceleration:D

phatswinn
01-25-2003, 01:12 PM
done shave the fenders, but really unless ur riding in huge mudholes ur tires wont help much, getting through mud is primarly ride hieght, if u can get through a mudhole with ruts that are made for a EX ya only need tires that are as tall as a EX's unless its that muck stuff, then ya need 4 whell drive and a winch, buy the hmf, K&N, and buy a series of jets instead of the kit, lower the notch of the needle and ull be fine with killing him in racing, utulity quads have very hard suspension too, i know that if i take a jump with my recon it bounces back up, it could be my shocks though, u might want to invest in some wheel spacers too if ya dont ride narrow trails, itll help ya out alot, and make the suspension a litle comfyier

QuAdRaCeR244
01-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Get whatever you want to get. I looked through that gallery. Nice riding pics.:)

HondaRancherES
01-25-2003, 01:22 PM
Ok where is a site where I can get the HMF pipe for a Rancher. Also thanks for all the replies and keep em comming. I was thinking about mud tires but as ya'll said you don't need the biggest tire out there to go through a mudhole.

bigbadbrad
01-25-2003, 04:15 PM
pm c&d racing and the quadshop for the lowest price on the pipe. i got my k&n pwer up kit from moto-man for $107 shipping included. maybe get some alumnium rims get 12" in the front and get some maxxis 25x8x12 front pros and for the back get either 25x12x9 or 25x10x12 maxxis all tracs or 25x12x9, 25x10x12, or 26x12x12 maxxis sur tracs with aluminum rims. the rims will reduce your weight and it will make ya go faster. and when you get it all done post a pic.