PDA

View Full Version : Jetting help

ZJTurbo
02-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Hey guys just got my 440 all buttoned up and running good. I need help. i am by no means a jetting guru. I have a 175 main and a 45 pilot. It runs real good lots of power down low and pulls real hard up top but it like falls off in the middle. I really dont know how or what to do to get more power there. I I am at sea lvl wit the following mods. 440 kit (11:1), Stage 2 HC, Sparks 6 degree advance, HMF slip-on, Uni filter no box and a 450R carb, running on 110 cam2. O, I forgot to add after i rode for about a 30 mins, the bike would randomly bug if I stabbed the throttle but wouldnt if i rolled into it. So PLEASE any advice on helping me tune this would be very appreciated.

-Ben

honda400ex2003
02-21-2010, 06:23 PM
you could try to do a couple of 1/2 throttle plug chops and see how it is running on the needle. i would probably say that it needs to go up to the second clip position on the needle thus lowering it in the carb. it should be on the 3rd now so you will want to have the point down and move it up one notch. just my quick judgement though. steve