PDA

View Full Version : Dynatek-sparks-procom ???

Thumpin440ex
02-21-2010, 12:54 PM
So I am looking to buy a cdi for the bike, as I am getting to the finish parts of the build, as far as all the parts i need to go ahead and put it back together... I have been reading quit a bit on the DYNATEK, have not heard any bad on it.. A lil hear and there on the sparks, good on that also but is a lil pricey. And last the Procom.. Should I just stick with the Dyna.. Are there any superior advantages between any of them, or pretty much the same thing. I am still researching, but fig first hand exp is best.. Thanks

John:D

honda400ex2003
02-21-2010, 06:27 PM
i think that the dyna is the one that has different curves in it. i would get that one if possible just to see if the curves actually help matters or not. i personally would get a coil before i got a rev box any day though. the power is made low enough not to need your rpms that high. steve

Colby@C&DRacing
02-22-2010, 09:34 AM
we have a dyna forsale if you are going that route. The dyna has 800% more spark energy and has programable ignition curve

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=419287

Thumpin440ex
02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
What exactly are the other curves for?? Like a conservative, more aggressive and really aggressive?? Just wondering, I am not sure if I really need all that, but if you would care to elab on it, it might help// :)

Thanks John

jman7290
02-22-2010, 02:50 PM
AMR makes a good CDI, they have a stage 1, 2, and 3 depending on what you want. They also sell a nice monster coil and you can get the 2 items together in a combo pack. Look for deals on this on Ebay.

05 440 11:1 Big Bore, Hot Cams stage 2, GT Thunder HD studs and HD timing chain, Ported & Polished, Trinity stage 4 full exhaust, Doug Eichner signature series 440 carb with billet spacer plate, AMR stage 3 CDI with Monster Coil, Uni Filter with Pro Design Billet intake adapter and aluminum air box with scoop, over sized aluminum oil tank wih air ports, Elka Elite front shocks with Full Flight +2 A-Arms, LoneStar +3 axcalaber axel with billet twin row bearing carrier, ITP Rims, DG Fat series swing arm skid, DG Pro nerf bars, DG V-Lite front bumper, OMF air scoops, Rox dash panel and hand gaurds, Precision steering stabilizer, Fasst Flex bars, ODI Grips.