PDA

View Full Version : 87 restoration

croat1
02-21-2010, 12:01 AM
so i finally got motivated. seeing dan, troy and doug working on nice resto's. heres the story on mine: i have owned it for 14 years. purchased from the original owner. i have the original bill of sale and certificate of origin. the certificate of origin is dated 11/18/86. the bill of sale is dated 12-10-87. the bike was originally purchased for a base price of 2500. i bought it for 1800 in 1996 from the original owner. the bike is now titled in the state of ohio. everthing the front end is original(bearings,bushings, pads). still has the original clutch, reeds and rear axle/swingarm bearings. the front fenders cracked from age.
rear fenders spider webbed. woods ported with a klemm research and silencer. still running it with the stock headlight and stock on/off switch. front bumper and grab bar were taken off soon after i bought it. oh yeah...have ims pegs on it aslo

plans: nice restoration. maybe a quick freshining up. not to make it a garage queen but to make it last another 20+ years

what i love the most is the fact that i have all the documentation on the bike and it is an all matching numbers title original.

just recently prchased mint oem front fenders. getting the seat restored at cosmic quads.

croat1
02-21-2010, 12:07 AM
a rack i rigged up for a long wood ride at hatfield mccoy

croat1
02-21-2010, 12:08 AM
motor

troybilt
02-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Joe, this is going to be a great build! What are your plans for suspension? freshening up the stock shocks or go aftermarket?

That Klemm pipe is cool... that is old-school right there. I love the nostalgia...