PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on making my thumb throttle softer?

/infamous/
02-19-2010, 08:27 PM
I just got back from practice and my throttle about broke my thumb....I have a Terry Cable throttle but im putting my stock one back on because it felt much better. Anybody know a good way to make it less hard to push. And my throttle cable isnt old or wore out. Thats why im confused.

d3ktrix
02-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Does the slide move easy in the carb?
Make sure the cable is routed to where it doesn't bind it up.

Is it actually really hard to push? Or does ur thumb just get tired from riding?

The OEM setup on these bikes is pretty soft IMO.

/infamous/
02-19-2010, 08:45 PM
It is pretty hard to push. And no my thumb doesnt get tired. Ive raced nationals for awhile now and never had a problem with my thumb.

02-19-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by d3ktrix
The OEM setup on these bikes is pretty soft IMO.

hell yeah my throttle is like butter, so is my clutch and the brakes are firm... basically everything feels perfect. ahh I love new things lol

d3ktrix
02-20-2010, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by /infamous/
It is pretty hard to push. And no my thumb doesnt get tired. Ive raced nationals for awhile now and never had a problem with my thumb.

What year is ur bike?
For the 06+'s u can buy a softer spring for the FCR's.

Make sure that slide is clean tho.

Scro
02-20-2010, 07:21 AM
There's quite a bit you can do. TokyoMods spring will make a world of difference by itself. If that isn't enough, You can get the older style 400ex throttle housing and use a 90ex lever. That housing has a better pull ratio, and the 90ex lever is a little longer for more leverage. Make sure your cable is in good shape and isn't getting pinched or kinked anywhere.

After you do all that, you should be able to blow on it to give it gas.

/infamous/
02-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Scro
There's quite a bit you can do. TokyoMods spring will make a world of difference by itself. If that isn't enough, You can get the older style 400ex throttle housing and use a 90ex lever. That housing has a better pull ratio, and the 90ex lever is a little longer for more leverage. Make sure your cable is in good shape and isn't getting pinched or kinked anywhere.

After you do all that, you should be able to blow on it to give it gas.

HAHA yea. Its an 09. My throttle on my 06 was so soft you could flick it and it would rev. Ill heve to look some things over i guess