PDA

View Full Version : need some help with a blaster...

800screws
02-19-2010, 05:04 PM
i'm working on my brothers blaster....we just did the top end ,and it ran fine...couple days later, a clicking noise started. sounded like it was coming from behind the clutch cover. it increased in speed with the throttle, also when u shifted it into gear, it lunged forward and then the clutch would disengaged all with the lever in...during the inspection, i noticed the drive gear on the clutch basket had play back and forth. and the end of the crank had a slight movement in and out. (not up and down). is that normal?

wondering if anyone could help out with some experience in this? i really don't want to replace the crank and clutch basket if this aren't the culprits.

where does that waving washer go also? it fits in the inner hub? the large thin one...it came out with the plates and i can't find it on the microfiche...

even with the noise the engine was running fine. the spark plug wasnt getting hit by the piston, the engine started easy...

thanks for the help. i can get pics if that helps also.

800screws
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
the washer...where does this go?

800screws
02-19-2010, 05:12 PM
crank moves slightly in and out....

LTandRaptorider
02-19-2010, 07:02 PM
slight lateral movement is normal. Up and down of course is bad. I had an 89 Blaster back in... 89! So I don't remember where the heck that wavy washer goes... :p I was going to suggest looking clutch parts up on an OEM parts finder, but you already tried that. I think bluetraxx site still exists, check it out and ask on there if no one here can help.