PDA

View Full Version : Gunk tire sealant?

HiperEX
01-24-2003, 09:46 AM
ok i put some small screws in my tires to get better traction on the ice and took them out on 1 side and i put the sealant in and put my ex on a stand and started it up and let it in 1st so it would spin and make the sealant work better no just seal up in one spot and the problem is that its just squirting out what should i do just put the screws back in where its spraying out of?

I also bought some gunk engine degreaser does this stuff work good? for cleaning the area around the counter sprocket?

4TraxRider
01-24-2003, 10:32 AM
Once you put ice studs in, you can't really take them out. the engine degreaser works good if you wire brush it and let it sit.

y2k400ex
01-24-2003, 10:47 AM
That stuff works good and the same with Fix-a-flat..... But I wouldn't want to have to clean the rims off when you have to change those tires. That stuff makes a mess I've use it on go kart racing slicks before.

AndrewRRR
01-24-2003, 12:15 PM
I agree, once you put screws in you pretty much have to leave them. That tire slime is for a single minor hole in a tire, not tires that have been turned into swiss cheese! :D