PDA

View Full Version : Blown Rear shock

screamin340
02-19-2010, 11:51 AM
Well I had the first real break..:( I blew out my rear shock.. Figgured "No Biggie how much can they be" I was pretty surprised to see they were almost 800.00 through Honda.

If anyone remembers my first couple of posts. This Quad sat for almost 6 years, before i bought it. Im sure the seals were pretty dry rotted. Fluid was flowing down the piston pretty good

I ordered a used shock from Ebay, Gauranteed not to be blown.

I would like to change the oil in the shock once I get it.

My question to you guys is how much oil goes into the shock. also how much nitrogen pressure should I use.

If anyone has this info it would be greatly appreciated

bkelley
02-19-2010, 02:05 PM
If you have the extra cash, I'd recommend sending it to C&D Racing (the sites main sponsor) and have them service it for you.

Just my $.02

sc400ex_rider
02-21-2010, 12:58 AM
it would be a waste to rebuild a GOOD shock. just run it the way it is and rebuild the other for a backup. you can get a tusk seal head for $30. you just fill the shock up till its full, working it up and down to get out any bubbles. you have to take out the top adjuster screw to fill it. people run 150-200 psi. check the web, there are how to rebuild shocks. it might be for a dirt bike or street bike but its all the same.................