PDA

View Full Version : new and looking to do some mods

kyhondadude1
02-18-2010, 07:52 PM
Ive been riding off and on for the past 5 or 6 years, but never really looked in to it very much. i now have a 400ex that has nerf bars,fmf exhaust,carb jet,air filter, and a timing advance(5 degrees)((my cousin did those mods)). Im looking into going further and getting a cam, piston, and possibly a bore kit at some point, but i dont know which products i should look in to. I have learned a little by reading posts on here, but i would like some of my own questions to be answered so i can understand more. First off, it seems that stage 2 kits are some of the more common, and i want to be as fast as possible, and quick off the line as well. JE pistons seem to be the more common, but i dont know what size i need to get, and i also have heard that a 416 or a 426 bore is the best bet since many people are complaining about the 440 overheating. A local guy told me to get a 14 tooth sprocket on the front to get more power, but ive read that if you get a larger rear sprocket,instead, it will give you just as much power and take less off the top end...sorry for all the questions, but can someone help me with all of this information??? i want to learn before i buy...THANKS!!

<DRS>GPF
02-19-2010, 07:36 AM
wrong section..