PDA

View Full Version : help starting questions

draygarcia
02-18-2010, 07:27 PM
ok i bought a 99 warrior and its not starting with the button it will start if you pull start with a nother quad once it gets warm it will start with the button these bikes are kinda cold blooded right but i just put a new starter battery and solenoid and and its still wont turn over it cranks and everything but wont start the bike any idea what might be causing this thanks

jcs003
02-19-2010, 04:18 PM
check the reverse lever. they can be slightly out of sync. this will affect it starting.

draygarcia
02-20-2010, 12:38 AM
thanks

RichM1983
03-27-2010, 02:01 PM
I'm not trying to highjack your thread but I have the exact same problem as you. When you describe that the reverse lever can get out of sync what do you mean and how do I fix it?

Here is my problem.

2003 Yamaha Warrior
My problem is simple, when I hit the start button nothing happens.
I can turn the key on, turn it to run and jump the solenoid posts and the thing starts right up. The neutral light works and so do the lights. I tried with the clutch pulled in and it didn’t make a difference.
I tried to wiggle wires and look if something came un-plugged. I don’t see anything. The last time I parked it everything was fine.

Any ideas? I need to get this fixed ASAP because I am supposed to deliver it to the person tomorrow who just bought it from me.