02-18-2010, 12:25 PM
Highlights:
"Suspension" Foot Peg feature improves rider comfort and endurance
Large, Convex Foot Pegs with self-cleaning design
Up-Swept design for improved safety
Large-Diameter Aluminum Tubing
Net Heel Guards
Customize with 30 Colors Available

The Houser Racing Nerf Bars have been designed to offer superior safety and performance to ATVs for weekend riders to Pro Racers.

Large diameter Aluminum tubing is attached to the frame using a Chromoly Pro Peg design and Aluminum Mounting Clamps or Chromoly front mounts. The Heel Guards are attached to factory frame or subframe points without modifications with Chromoly or rubber isolation mounts depending on the model of the ATV. The Nerf Bars have a slightly raised, up-swept design that will help keep competitor's tires from getting to the rider's legs. All the welds are TIG welded by hand to ensure quality.

The Houser Racing Nerf Bars feature an industry first, Patent Pending, "suspension" Foot Peg. The "Suspension" feature works similar to a swing arm with a rubber isolated pivot point and replaceable cushion ball that is Pre-Load adjustable. The Pegs are made of TIG welded Chromoly with end caps that are attached with high strength, Air Craft grade rivets, rates at 4,000 pounds of shear strength each. This allows you to customize the color scheme of your Nerf Bars to match your ATV. The Foot Pegs have a large, convex design to provide plenty of support and teeth with great traction that won't tear apart the sole of your boots. The Foot Pegs are also designed to be self-cleaning with large openings for mud and debris to fall through to maintain grip.

The Nerf Bars and Heel Guards use nets to help prevent mud build up while riding. The nets are installed over welded loops on the tubing using plastic buckles instead of the traditional lacing system to make assembly and adjustments easier.

krazyrider
02-22-2010, 03:43 AM
sounds like a great idea! but will these shock pegs be available as the pegs alone? as some might only want the pegs. :ermm:

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Yes Houser will be offering a heel guard/peg combo without the nerf. I am not certain on the price for that at this time - but we will be offering that.

krazyrider
02-22-2010, 08:05 AM
thats great news. any idea when this will be coming out?

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 08:07 AM
We can do any of the heel/peg combos in about a month or so. Working out some production details now and most models will be in production within the next two weeks. Other models will be coming soon. As well as front bumpers.

XC_Raptor700R
02-22-2010, 11:08 AM
Cool, I can't wait to see the front bumpers as well as the peg/heel guard combo.

krazyrider
02-22-2010, 11:17 AM
some gncc bumpers would be nice. hopefully they make the pegs & bumpers for my 400ex. seems like aftermarket companies only focus on the 450s.

hondariderdylan
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
pics?

im not even going to ask if the 250ex will be on the production list...

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 11:36 AM
The demand for product for the 250R fell off a few years back. At that time we discontinued the product line and have been selling off left over inventory since. We just got rid of our last set of a-arms about a week ago - shows you how long it took to sell off the existing product. So for right now - there is not enough demand on either the 250R or the 400EX to manufacture new products for it. After we have finished this new product line for the ATVs with higher demand - we may make product for some of the older models as well (if demand spikes for it). Thanks for all your interest in the new products.

The Front Bumpers will be coming soon. We have had some feedback about making a wider grab bar for those Cross Country guys - but we will see what the engineer's decide to do with that. We want to give our design a chance to prove itself first. We will revisit after there has been some more extensive testing (a whole season).

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 11:39 AM
Harold's Video

http://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=video/Video%20Nerf%20Bars,%20Houser%20Racing%20Suspensio n%20Control.html

krazyrider
02-22-2010, 11:40 AM
the video at the link doesnt work

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 11:54 AM
LOL Of course it doesn't :) Just go to our website to see pictures and the video. I am kind of new to this forum thing and I can't get them to work properly.

Maybe try this.

https://www.houser-racing.com/WSWrapper.jsp?mypage=StoreVideos.htm

XC_Raptor700R
02-22-2010, 11:56 AM
As far as the grab bars are concerned, I also would like a wider XC style, I currently have the Pro Armor race and really love the look, but the design for how it mounts needs alot of attention. I had to trim my fender to mount it and I don't like doing that.

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 12:13 PM
As I stated earlier we will work on a "XC" design after we get some more feedback on the original design ;P We have some XC Pro racers planning on using them this year as we release designs. When we get some more feedback from them we can make some changes if we need too. I have had many concerned with wanting a wider grab bar.

kfx400rider03
02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
does jason dunkelberger have the nerf on his yfz? is so i was looking at them at motorama and they look amazing. where about would the price range be for the nerfs and heel gaurds.

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 12:34 PM
I am not really supposed to put prices on here. So you would need to call or check out our website for that. We have live chat in case you have any problems.

Yes Dunk had them on his bike this past weekend. He was VERY excited about them.

kfx400rider03
02-22-2010, 12:36 PM
k. and im probaly ordering a set over the summer. they are realy nice. and i like the nets for the heel gaurds

DEVINF450R
02-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Houser has really upped their game the past few years... their a-arms are better than ever with the pro series and tric-trac, and now it seems that finally a company is putting out Aluminum products with function in mind as well as looking BA. Im pumped about a bumper from these guys... I have become a Houser customer for life after using their stuff... and I have delt with Jen and she is as helpful and nice as any person I have ever delt with at any company, not just atv companies...

bmerriman12
02-22-2010, 01:40 PM
pleaseeeee tell me youre going to make these pegs/heelguards for the ktm atvs

Houser Racing
02-22-2010, 03:13 PM
I really appreciate those compliments about my family's company and me! Thanks alot!!! Glad to have you as a customer for life!!! That is BA!

As for the KTM - yes they are in R&D!

beastlywarrior
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
hmm SWEET i designed someting like that out about a year ago, glad someones putting something like this out on the market :macho

kfx400rider03
02-22-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by beastlywarrior
hmm SWEET i designed someting like that out about a year ago, glad someones putting something like this out on the market :macho
just imagian if you mass produced it. :blah:
i had a couple ideas that i saw about 2 years after i thought of the

krazyrider
02-26-2010, 07:42 AM
on the houser site it says they will be offering these for the raptor 250 & 660 those bikes are really not that popular compared to the 400 i mean the 400 baically paved the way for all high performance atvs. still no 400ex. maybe ill get lucky & they will offer the heelguard peg combo for the 400. if not i might buy them & have my local machinst make these work.:mad: i was so excited when i found out these came out then i find out they will be not be making these for my bike i was pretty bummed.

Wills77
02-28-2010, 04:08 PM
when will they be available for the 04-05 450r? or will the 06-09 fit

06 Honda 450R
02-28-2010, 08:49 PM
hmm, i ordered mine the 19 and they told me they would be here around last wednesday or thursday, called them back, they said they didnt even have them made...

motofreak2772
03-01-2010, 08:21 PM
I dont see the purpose. If you really need this than your suspension probably isnt set up correctly haha.
How much do these weigh compared to other brand nerf bars? I think something most companies forget about is weight. If manufacturers concentrated on making the lightest parts we could probably save like 50 lbs on our quads which in turn would make them handle better and faster.

06 Honda 450R
03-01-2010, 08:25 PM
the reason for the suspension is so if you case or flat land, or somehow bottom out to the frame, it will be that little bit of give for your body, and i think they told me they weighed 13 - 15 pounds