PDA

View Full Version : Gps

LuckyCharms
01-24-2003, 12:52 AM
Where would be a good place to buy a small handheld GPS system for riding quads. I dont' really care about it being able to be mounted to the quad cause Ill just carry it on my back. I really dont' know anything about GPS systems and which ones are good so any info about them would be appreciated. Thanks!!!

Ben
01-24-2003, 04:15 AM
I have the Garmin Etrex GPS and it is perfect for what you are looking for - and cheap :D Check out this thread for a discussion a couple months back on this same subject:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31286&highlight=etrex

Ben

Nj400EX
01-24-2003, 10:09 AM
Go to Amazon.com and look up the Garmin Etrex Legend . They had a sale for $ 200 plus a $50 rebate . I'm very happy with this model .

BornOnFire
01-24-2003, 12:04 PM
You can get smoking deals on them on E-Bay. Just do a search for them as Garmin GPS and you will see what I mean. Good luck. I picked up the Garmin E-Trex Legend for $140 plus the $50 rebate that came out to $90 for the unit brand new in the the box. You can't even buy the Venture for that price!

AndrewRRR
01-24-2003, 12:27 PM
I have the Garmin E-Trex Venture. I got it for $150 from vanns.com. Garmin also makes a handlebar mount for the E-trex series in case you get tired of it being on your back. I have noticed sometimes if it can't get a clear view of the sky it will not read info, so it may not work if you are thinking about carrying it in a backpack or something and recording your route. It needs to see the satellites. I'm getting a handlebar mount for mine.

y2k400ex
01-24-2003, 12:31 PM
I first bought a Magellen 315 from best buy about 3 years ago along with there extended 2 year warranty for $20 extra. That Gps broke 3 times and every time I just went back and got a new one!! :devil. I had it mounted on the tank and the vibration just ate them up. They stopped carrying that model last time it broke so they upgraded it to the Garmin eTrex Venture. I have had that Garmin for over a year now and it works great. Just think about when you go to get one