PDA

View Full Version : 250r "newbie" needs help!!!!!

scottwvu
02-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Ok guys, here goes....I recently (yesterday) bought a COMPLETE 86 250r, and another 86 250r that is complete except the wheels, tires and engine. A buddy's aunt was having a little bit of financial trouble, so I bought the R's to help her out. Paid $2,600 for everything.

The complete R has aftermarket everything and runs like a scalded dog. I am fortunate enough to work with some highly skilled mechanics that used to race R's back in the late 90's and they seem to really know their stuff.

My question mainly revolves around the unfinished R. Since I have to first purchase a motor, what do you guys suggest? I imagine there are a million different possibilities, but again, I am a complete newbie to 2-strokes. I will mainly be doing MX and some trail riding with the R's. Any help or a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I will be updating this thread with pics, as well as more details and info.

THANKS!

scottwvu
02-17-2010, 11:31 AM
Also, I promise to update my sig as soon as I get more info. :D

Jonny B
02-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Is the second 86 250r mostly stock??? I always thought that it would be cool to have one 250r a total modded race bike and the other 250r to be as original as possible. That way you have the best of both worlds...