PDA

View Full Version : 86 250r (beat) Whats it worth?

screaminta
02-17-2010, 10:51 AM
Hello, I have an '86 lt250r that is very beat that I am looking to get rid of. The reason I say it is beat is because the previous owner put some sort of front "long shock" conversion and it was done like crap so the frame looks hacked up. Other wise its actually not that bad I guess. I was told it was rebuitl with new piston and i verified this by pulling the head off and it does in fact have a new piston. It runs great when it doesn't shear off the woodruff key, i am not sue why it keeps doing this. The throttle housing is broke but it still works, and it is missing the front seat latch part. Other than that it is complete with working brakes and good plastics....whats something like this worth??? Am I better off just parting it out? thanks

Also, the rear hubs were stripped so I welded them on......

LTandRaptorider
02-17-2010, 02:05 PM
From the condition it sounds like it's in, you'd be better parting it out. Selling it as is, don't expect much more than $3-500.

rodelikestole
02-18-2010, 02:23 AM
i'd look around and see what parts similar to mine are selling for then you'll know if it's it worth it to you. flywheel needs to be tighter or crank bearings are done is why the keys don't last. break out the welder / grinder and cram a LT500 in there.

350ex
02-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Youre probably better off parting it out. Im still in the process of doing the same. I hated peicing out a classic quad like this but I figured peicing mine out is keeping a lot more quadracers on the trails.

rodelikestole
02-27-2010, 05:11 PM
how much for the rear caliper and master cylinder?

bansheexcracer2
04-14-2010, 03:26 PM
were r u located? can u put pics up?