PDA

View Full Version : What shape is South Fork in? Taylorville, IL

natejohns7
02-17-2010, 09:00 AM
Just wondering if anyone has been to South Fork in Taylorville, IL lately? I'm imagining its rutted and frozen..... Which makes for a very uncomfortable ride.... Is that about right?

al capone
02-24-2010, 07:51 PM
I was there about a month ago and it was wet and muddy. They didnt have the other side open. Ill b there alot this summer hit me up.

represent618
02-25-2010, 11:05 AM
last time I was there in the summer, it was so rough from all of the 4x4s rutting up the trails in the mud I thought my bike was going for broke before getting out of there....the hare scramble course (1-way trail) was fun though. Must have put in 50-60 laps :)

natejohns7
02-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I emailed the owner last week. He said they haven't been able to get out and to do any work on the trails due to weather. But he's already got the rock to start repair of the trails once the weather breaks.

That place is a great local place to ride. But you're spot on when you say it will destroy you w/ the ruts.

I'm probably going to give it a shot soon regardless. I've been itching to ride out there since last season.

TRXman86
03-02-2010, 10:46 PM
You will never see me there again... I will not support someone who does not support ATV's. Leroy screwed alot of us last year. If your trail riding, should be great, but if your wanting track... You will be in for an awakening when you find you can no longer ride the big track. The "SO CALLED" new quad track, is more along the lines of a pit bike track. Check the race resutls on the site, the numbers dropped BIG TIME!!!

represent618
03-05-2010, 07:19 AM
Yeah, but the bikes are 95% of a tracks income, like it or not. At some tracks 100%.

I raced MX on 2 wheels since about 95 and have never had a problem with the quads at the track, even though they do destroy all of the "lines". But never the less the majority of bike riders hate the quads on "their" track and most track owners make a decision that supports the LARGE majority.

I do not agree or disagree, but that is just the way it is. See you at Salem!!

(I have a quad right now) :)

natejohns7
03-05-2010, 08:57 AM
I couldn't agree more. I'm a quad rider myself. They had to make a hard decision. I'm sure it was either eliminate the quads from the main track or charge everyone another $20 a day in order to keep up w/ the damage the quads were doing to the track.

I would just be happy with the fact they made an effort to provide a quad track.

It sucks... Yes. But I'd rather see them piss a few people off and continue to make enough money to improve the facilities for everyone.

Anyway that just my opinion.

represent618
03-05-2010, 11:58 AM
natejohns - do you know of any good trail riding spots around?

few and far unless it is private property...one of the downsides of not riding purely mx anymore, less riding spots!

I heard that in St. Charles (hwy 367 at the missiour river crossing about a mile south of hwy 94) there is some really good riding....you have to park near the "hoods warehouse" - ever been?

Aarons 01 400EX
05-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Finger State park out near Columbia, MO allows quads on the track. I was out there farting around in Sept. I'm not a track guy since i quit riding MX in 1996.

TRXman86
05-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by represent618
natejohns - do you know of any good trail riding spots around?

few and far unless it is private property...one of the downsides of not riding purely mx anymore, less riding spots!

I heard that in St. Charles (hwy 367 at the missiour river crossing about a mile south of hwy 94) there is some really good riding....you have to park near the "hoods warehouse" - ever been?

I'm not sure how far South you are, but if you want some REAL GOOD riding trails, Goose Holler in Kahoka,MO is PERFECT!!! $10 to ride ALL DAY and night ride if you want. You can camp in tents/campers for free or get a cabin for $20. There is almost 300 acres there with creek crossings, creek riding, hill climbs, tight or wide open sections, real technical stuff and places for a 4x4 seperate from simple trails. Mud pits, sand drag and what ever you can find!!! If ya like what ya hear, I will get you more info. There on facebook also under Goose Holler or you can call at
660-948-2500. Talk to Bobby or Mindy and tell them Ryan told ya to call.

Aarons 01 400EX
05-17-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by TRXman86
I'm not sure how far South you are, but if you want some REAL GOOD riding trails, Goose Holler in Kahoka,MO is PERFECT!!! $10 to ride ALL DAY and night ride if you want. You can camp in tents/campers for free or get a cabin for $20. There is almost 300 acres there with creek crossings, creek riding, hill climbs, tight or wide open sections, real technical stuff and places for a 4x4 seperate from simple trails. Mud pits, sand drag and what ever you can find!!! If ya like what ya hear, I will get you more info. There on facebook also under Goose Holler or you can call at
660-948-2500. Talk to Bobby or Mindy and tell them Ryan told ya to call.

Where is this place?

TRXman86
05-23-2010, 08:59 PM
Goose Holler is in North East Missouri. About 40 minutes north of Quincy, 40 minutes West of Macomb, and about an hour and half from Galesburg. theres a BIG ride next weekend...

IMSROLL450R
07-25-2010, 03:44 PM
I went to South Fork a couple weekends ago and wasnt able to ride my quad on the track. Doubt I go much anymore the small track wasn't near big enough jump wise. Where else is there a good quad friendly MX track around???