PDA

View Full Version : Lady Gaga electrocuted!

madskrillz2
02-16-2010, 09:45 PM
:D
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TQELoPvdLeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TQELoPvdLeQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

slightlybent47
02-16-2010, 10:40 PM
That’s the best single she done yet!!!!!!!!!

02-16-2010, 11:21 PM
To bad it's not real... I don't understand why she is so popular... She makes horrible music...

Kickstarts-suck
02-17-2010, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by Nova
To bad it's not real... I don't understand why she is so popular... She makes horrible music...

Are you crazy!?!?!? She is amazing!

GAHH GAHH OHH LA LA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scro
02-17-2010, 06:55 AM
If it would just sing normal songs, it's voice isn't half bad. I'm still not sure if she used to be a he:huh

416exfreak
02-17-2010, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Scro
If it would just sing normal songs, it's voice isn't half bad. I'm still not sure if she used to be a he:huh

You are correct. She used to be a HE.

A snip or two later, and HE's a SHE.

Sickening..:scary:

Regular_Joe
02-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Its funny that I had a professor once tell me that no matter what you think you see you never really know what goes on behind the scenes. Most times the people who act like they never study and don't care, but then pull off great test scores, really do put the time in behind the scenes.

Lady Gaga makes me think of that. On the outside is the show for crazyness. But that is really it, just a show. If you research her she really is very talented and didn't just come out of no-where. She attended music specific schools from a young age and before her big fame was a VERY established music writer. Not that this is super quality music, but she writes catchy pop tunes all the time. She has written songs for people like Christina Aguilara, Pu$$ycat Dolls, Britney Spears, etc. You may not like the music but you can't deny the talent.

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe
Its funny that I had a professor once tell me that no matter what you think you see you never really know what goes on behind the scenes. Most times the people who act like they never study and don't care, but then pull off great test scores, really do put the time in behind the scenes.

Lady Gaga makes me think of that. On the outside is the show for crazyness. But that is really it, just a show. If you research her she really is very talented and didn't just come out of no-where. She attended music specific schools from a young age and before her big fame was a VERY established music writer. Not that this is super quality music, but she writes catchy pop tunes all the time. She has written songs for people like Christina Aguilara, Pu$$ycat Dolls, Britney Spears, etc. You may not like the music but you can't deny the talent.

Sorry my friend it’s obvious you don’t know talent when you see it. Or the lack there of.
There are hundreds of people that get famous for everything but what they are supposed to be. Just because someone goes to music school does not mean they have any talent what so ever. She – He (gaga) are like all the other people with no talent, they have great managers and promoters that spend tons of money on advertising. And the radio stations that push this kind of crap on us just because there spending the most money to get airplay.
Since they have no talent they resort to the shock value with lyrics and video to cover up the obvious.

There have been hundreds of regular people that got kicked off American Idle that have way more talent then many of the so called popular people in music today.
These so call polls that the radio stations run and there promoters are geared to favor the trend that they are pushing. The crap on the radio today is just sad.

Scro
02-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Sorry my friend it’s obvious you don’t know talent when you see it. Or the lack there of.
There are hundreds of people that get famous for everything but what they are supposed to be. Just because someone goes to music school does not mean they have any talent what so ever. She – He (gaga) are like all the other people with no talent, they have great managers and promoters that spend tons of money on advertising. And the radio stations that push this kind of crap on us just because there spending the most money to get airplay.
Since they have no talent they resort to the shock value with lyrics and video to cover up the obvious.

There have been hundreds of regular people that got kicked off American Idle that have way more talent then many of the so called popular people in music today.
These so call polls that the radio stations run and there promoters are geared to favor the trend that they are pushing. The crap on the radio today is just sad.

The vocals are there, you just have to wade through all the BS. I really don't see how you can say she doesn't have talent, if you actually listen to the singing.

And it's not a computer singing...the vocals sound just as good live as they do on the radio. All the crazy yelling, screaming, and show she puts on, is just that....a show.

Regular_Joe
02-17-2010, 02:43 PM
That is my point. A lot of these people get famous based on looks and not much talent. She doesn't have the drop dead gorgeous looks; hence all the he/she jokes in this thread, so you can't brush it off on that. She has the music background; ie schooling. She has a amazing songwriting resume. This stuff isn't just handed over, and no matter what her actions and appearances in public say, behind the show is someone with serious talent.

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
She has no talent for singing, she may be a great song writer but she can’t sing. If she can I’ve never herd it.
Sonny Bono was a great song writer but he couldn’t sing a lick.
Same with Little Richard and Bob Dylan nether could sing but were good writers.
You say she has a music background but she still cant sing. That’s why she goes to such extremes to get noticed.

QuadParkour23
02-17-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by 416exfreak
You are correct. She used to be a HE.

A snip or two later, and HE's a SHE.

Sickening..:scary:

She has always been a she. There was an interview someone had with her, and she talked about being a strip dancer when she was younger. Some females "area" :D are just shaped different than others. Some feel like..........lol this is not the place for it :devil:

CannondaleRider
02-17-2010, 05:08 PM
I love how people say how much a certain type of music "sucks" just because it's not their thing.

There's talent in basically any genre of music... just because it's not your style, doesn't mean it's horrible music, it's just not your preference.

I used to hate rap, thought it sucked, thought "no talent." But, I listen to rap and hip-hop now, because I quit being so closed-minded, and actually took the time to listen to it. Not that it's my first preference, and not that I believe any rappers or hip-hop artists have more talent then a rock & roll guitarist/group. But, there's a different set of talents there, and I can get into it if I feel like it. If a Lady Gaga song comes on, I won't say it's my mission to hear it... but I won't become bound and determined to turn it off like it's melting my brain. She's got a different set of musical talents then some, and it can be interesting too... if you would only stop being so predisposed to the notion that it's horrible.

I, for one, can basically listen to any form of music.... from my favorites, to things I can just passively listen to. There are some exceptions though, obviously.

What it USUALLY comes down to, is the fact that people are predisposed to what kind of music is "great" and what kind of music is "horrible." Your music selection would grow vastly if you took the time to listen to the things you automatically believe are "horrible." Sure, some of it is, and some of it you just can't enjoy. Simple fact. But, as the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover. Actually listen to things, and determine whether you like it or not, FOR YOURSELF. A lot of "horrible" types of music are things that are mainstream.... a lot isn't actually horrible, it's just a genre you're not into, or a genre you haven't opened yourself up to yet. Proof? It wouldn't be mainstream, if everyone thought it was horrible like you... they may not be as closed minded. Closed-mindedness can shorten your pleasures in a hurry.

...f*ck me that was a longer post then I expected. haha

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by CannondaleRider
I love how people say how much a certain type of music "sucks" just because it's not their thing.

There's talent in basically any genre of music... just because it's not your style, doesn't mean it's horrible music, it's just not your preference.

I used to hate rap, thought it sucked, thought "no talent." But, I listen to rap and hip-hop now, because I quit being so closed-minded, and actually took the time to listen to it. Not that it's my first preference, and not that I believe any rappers or hip-hop artists have more talent then a rock & roll guitarist/group. But, there's a different set of talents there, and I can get into it if I feel like it. If a Lady Gaga song comes on, I won't say it's my mission to hear it... but I won't become bound and determined to turn it off like it's melting my brain. She's got a different set of musical talents then some, and it can be interesting too... if you would only stop being so predisposed to the notion that it's horrible.

I, for one, can basically listen to any form of music.... from my favorites, to things I can just passively listen to. There are some exceptions though, obviously.

What it USUALLY comes down to, is the fact that people are predisposed to what kind of music is "great" and what kind of music is "horrible." Your music selection would grow vastly if you took the time to listen to the things you automatically believe are "horrible." Sure, some of it is, and some of it you just can't enjoy. Simple fact. But, as the saying goes, don't judge a book by its cover. Actually listen to things, and determine whether you like it or not, FOR YOURSELF. A lot of "horrible" types of music are things that are mainstream.... a lot isn't actually horrible, it's just a genre you're not into, or a genre you haven't opened yourself up to yet. Proof? It wouldn't be mainstream, if everyone thought it was horrible like you... they may not be as closed minded. Closed-mindedness can shorten your pleasures in a hurry.

You sound like a liberal, you say that’s it’s just not my stile and that’s why I don’t like it. I like all kinds of music; I’ve been an armature guitarist for 35 years so to say that I don’t like that stile is not true. No mater what the stile there are those that just don’t have it. And I don’t have to be a fan of that stile to know trash when I see it.

There are many artist that play the stiles that I like but still suck, she-he is no exception.

250x_kyle
02-17-2010, 05:40 PM
i thought Lady Gaga got electrocuted. way to get my hopes up.

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Scro
The vocals are there, you just have to wade through all the BS. I really don't see how you can say she doesn't have talent, if you actually listen to the singing.

And it's not a computer singing...the vocals sound just as good live as they do on the radio. All the crazy yelling, screaming, and show she puts on, is just that....a show.

You make a good point with wading through the crap. There are some artiest that try to hard. like Maria Carrie she has a great voice buy she tries to put too many notes into every lyric’s. Still others don’t have the polish that would make them sound way better then they do. They don’t hold there notes out and are to busy trying to sound like Tarzan. Music is supposed to start somewhere and have a point or a meaning or a story to tell. I have a friend in a metal band and I used to do there sound at all there gigs. There one of those supper heavy metal bands that start out screaming at the top of there lungs and it all sounds the same from start to finish. I like metal and play a lot of it, and the screaming has it place but it needs to be a balance to make it flow the right way.

madskrillz2
02-17-2010, 06:41 PM

Good post. I also used to despise hip-hop/rap but I gave it a chance and now it's one my favorite genres.

elmer91
02-17-2010, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
i thought Lady Gaga got electrocuted. way to get my hopes up.

Agreed, Kyle. i was really hoping it actually happened. if it did, we would already know, this would be all over the news...

Pappy
02-17-2010, 07:30 PM
Whether you like her singing or not, she is getting PAID doing what she wants to do. I am pretty certain the only one she is listening to is her accountant:p

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Whether you like her singing or not, she is getting PAID doing what she wants to do. I am pretty certain the only one she is listening to is her accountant:p

That’s a good point, I never wanted fame but if you pay me that kinda money I would put on what ever act made the most money and laugh my *** off all the way to the bank. Some people will buy anything.

Pappy
02-17-2010, 07:44 PM
That’s a good point, I never wanted fame but if you pay me that kinda money I would put on what ever act made the most money and laugh my *** off all the way to the bank. Some people will buy anything.

3 beers and you'd be cranking "Poker Face" and chasing her around the room with your noodle out:p You can deny it, but your a middle aged white guy, yould nail a greased knothole:cool:

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
3 beers and you'd be cranking "Poker Face" and chasing her around the room with your noodle out:p You can deny it, but your a middle aged white guy, yould nail a greased knothole:cool:

Your right back in the day I’d hump a wood pile if I thought there was a snake in it. but I think I’ll pass on this one, but feel free to go for it, I wont tell. :blah: :blah: :blah:

Pappy
02-17-2010, 08:05 PM
Hell i'll video it and sell it....might as well get in on the money train!

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Ok set it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
But I want 80%

Pappy
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Ok set it up!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want 80%

I dont swing that way, SHE will get 100%, I dont do anything half assed:o

slightlybent47
02-17-2010, 08:44 PM
Well I figured at least half would be *** anyway!!!!! It’s the rest of it that scares me. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Pappy
02-17-2010, 08:45 PM
LMAO!! Baby got back!

ATV Chic
02-17-2010, 09:00 PM
You guys are too funny lol btw gaga is a hermaphrodite (sp?) such as Ciara and Jamie lee Curtis :p

Pappy
02-17-2010, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
btw gaga is a hermaphrodite (sp?)

There ya go slightlybent, you still can get iin on the action:devil:

CannondaleRider
02-17-2010, 09:35 PM
You sound like a liberal, you say that’s it’s just not my stile and that’s why I don’t like it. I like all kinds of music; I’ve been an armature guitarist for 35 years so to say that I don’t like that stile is not true. No mater what the stile there are those that just don’t have it. And I don’t have to be a fan of that stile to know trash when I see it.

There are many artist that play the stiles that I like but still suck, she-he is no exception.

1. Far from a liberal. Not sure where that idea came from, but to each his own thoughts. Conservative as they come here.

2. It's style. Not stile. Y, not I. All four times.

3. Read through my post again. Notice that I'm speaking in generalities. Notice that I included the fact that there are cases where it just flat isn't your thing. You've taken the time to disagree with that genre of music.. and you've made that decision. Not a thing wrong with that. Personal preferences. In many cases though, as I thought I made fairly clear(apparently not), that's not the same scenario. Many write genres, artists, or songs, off... without even listening to it. Due to being predisposed to it, being closed minded, or even worrying people will think you're weird for liking a song that's "horrible" by other closed minded people. If it's just not your thing, found from a conclusion made by you? Word! If you don't even bother to listen to any genre you've self-proclaimed is horrible, due to any reason? Closed-mindedness.

Completely missed an important point.

Read my first post. Read it again. Think about it.... Deeper thought. Open-Minded thought......There ya go.

NED441SUZ
02-17-2010, 10:47 PM
Lady Ga-Guy. I think she has both sets of equipment, if you know what i mean.

400exrider707
02-17-2010, 10:57 PM
CannondaleRider ... THANK YOU! Hit the nail on the head. I get sick of listening to all of the tweens on here complain about how much they hate rap and hip/hop and I bet 90% listen to it day in and day out. I'm sure some just actually dont like it, that's fine.

You hit the nail on the head.

And yes it's style, not stile... that was bugging me too :p

slightlybent47
02-18-2010, 03:31 PM
1. Far from a liberal. Not sure where that idea came from, but to each his own thoughts. Conservative as they come here.

2. It's style. Not stile. Y, not I. All four times.

3. Read through my post again. Notice that I'm speaking in generalities. Notice that I included the fact that there are cases where it just flat isn't your thing. You've taken the time to disagree with that genre of music.. and you've made that decision. Not a thing wrong with that. Personal preferences. In many cases though, as I thought I made fairly clear(apparently not), that's not the same scenario. Many write genres, artists, or songs, off... without even listening to it. Due to being predisposed to it, being closed minded, or even worrying people will think you're weird for liking a song that's "horrible" by other closed minded people. If it's just not your thing, found from a conclusion made by you? Word! If you don't even bother to listen to any genre you've self-proclaimed is horrible, due to any reason? Closed-mindedness.

Completely missed an important point.

Read my first post. Read it again. Think about it.... Deeper thought. Open-Minded thought......There ya go.

You keep using the same argument, like I said before I like most all styles of music. You don’t seem to realize that there is crap in every kind of music. I hate Michele Jackson but at least he had some talent and I give him that.
Perhaps you should be the one to re read my post and then see if you can make a deferent argument other then the same one you keep repeating.

CannondaleRider
02-18-2010, 04:11 PM
Let me try this one more time...... In the simplest form possible. Keeps getting simpler.. never seems to come through.

Yes, there is "crap" in all forms of music. Do you know what "crap" is, in this particular scenario? It's an opinion. Does the world revolve around you and your opinion? No, it does not. Sorry to break it to you so harshly.

Just because you believe something is crap, does not make it true, and does not mean every other person in the world believes it is crap as well. It's all based off personal preferences.

Yet again, you are completely missing my point. You've came to the conclusion that you do not like it. Fine by me, nothing wrong with it... the beauty of opinions. MY POINT IS, that many people DO NOT make the conclusions on their own, and just predispose themselves to the idea that it sucks. Did I say that is the case with you, and forms of music you deam as "crap"? No, but once again, you miss my point, and apparently take it that way.

Try again?...

slightlybent47
02-18-2010, 05:33 PM
Let me try this one more time...... In the simplest form possible. Keeps getting simpler.. never seems to come through.

Yes, there is "crap" in all forms of music. Do you know what "crap" is, in this particular scenario? It's an opinion. Does the world revolve around you and your opinion? No, it does not. Sorry to break it to you so harshly.

Just because you believe something is crap, does not make it true, and does not mean every other person in the world believes it is crap as well. It's all based off personal preferences.

Yet again, you are completely missing my point. You've came to the conclusion that you do not like it. Fine by me, nothing wrong with it... the beauty of opinions. MY POINT IS, that many people DO NOT make the conclusions on their own, and just predispose themselves to the idea that it sucks. Did I say that is the case with you, and forms of music you deam as "crap"? No, but once again, you miss my point, and apparently take it that way.

Try again?...

Quote[You've taken the time to disagree with that genre of music.. and you've made that decision.]quote

You’re above quote lead me to believe that you still think that I don’t like that style of music. So I’m just responding to what you said.

Quote[Many write genres, artists, or songs, off... without even listening to it. Due to being predisposed to it, being closed minded, or even worrying people will think you're weird for liking a song that's "horrible" by other closed minded people.]quote

Again you’re making the same argument.

Quote[If it's just not your thing, found from a conclusion made by you? Word! If you don't even bother to listen to any genre you've self-proclaimed is horrible, due to any reason? Closed-mindedness.]quote

Again you’re making the same argument.

Quote[Completely missed an important point.]quote

What point? You keep saying the same thing but in a deferent way.

Quote[Yes, there is "crap" in all forms of music.]quote

You finally admit it, that’s a start.

Quote[Did I say that is the case with you, and forms of music you deam as "crap"?]quote

You’re still saying that I don’t like that kind of music.

Quote[You've came to the conclusion that you do not like it. Fine by me, nothing wrong with it... the beauty of opinions. MY POINT IS, that many people DO NOT make the conclusions on their own, and just predispose themselves to the idea that it sucks.]quote

You start off by saying “You’ve” as in “me” and then at the end of the sentence you say “there own and many people” as if your talking about someone else. So how can I see your point when you make none?

CannondaleRider
02-18-2010, 10:32 PM
I'm about to give up on this.... you're obviously set on your thoughts, and not realizing what i'm saying. You're throwing out other things, where my points may not be applicable, to try to prove me wrong... and taking what I'm saying with a spin that I am not inserting.

Lady Gaga, FOR EXAMPLE..... you don't like it, but maybe you like the genre of music in general, just not HER in particular.

That's fine... you've made that conclusion! But just because almighty YOU believes that her music in particular is crap, does not make it so... because EVERYONE ELSE has their own preferences. Sure, she's not the greatest artist of all genres to grace everyone's ears, but she's popular, many people like her, and she's cashing in on it..... obviously says that not all believe she is "crap" Some like it, some don't, some hate the genre all together, some like all but her, some like a few artists, some like it all. It all varies according to each person. How can I make that any more clear?

It's an OPINION, just like EVERY other belief. You believe something, others may agree, and others may believe something completely different. Opinions are not facts, they're just opinions. Preferences are not facts, they're just personal preferences....... Opinion. Preference..... got it? Need a dictionary?

Thats one part of my point, towards you.

The other part of my point, NOT TOWARDS YOU, SPEAKING IN GENERALITIES... is that many people assume something is crap for varied reasons, before actually coming to the conclusion for THEMSELVES. I've done it, that's the reason I know it's true. Remember to separate these two points into their own catagory of this whole immense confusion, on your part, of what I'm trying to convey(Apparently not with quite enough clarity)

Can I make these POINTS(focus on that "S"... Plural) ANY more clear?

slightlybent47
02-19-2010, 05:50 AM
I'm about to give up on this.... you're obviously set on your thoughts, and not realizing what i'm saying. You're throwing out other things, where my points may not be applicable, to try to prove me wrong... and taking what I'm saying with a spin that I am not inserting.

Lady Gaga, FOR EXAMPLE..... you don't like it, but maybe you like the genre of music in general, just not HER in particular.

That's fine... you've made that conclusion! But just because almighty YOU believes that her music in particular is crap, does not make it so... because EVERYONE ELSE has their own preferences. Sure, she's not the greatest artist of all genres to grace everyone's ears, but she's popular, many people like her, and she's cashing in on it..... obviously says that not all believe she is "crap" Some like it, some don't, some hate the genre all together, some like all but her, some like a few artists, some like it all. It all varies according to each person. How can I make that any more clear?

It's an OPINION, just like EVERY other belief. You believe something, others may agree, and others may believe something completely different. Opinions are not facts, they're just opinions. Preferences are not facts, they're just personal preferences....... Opinion. Preference..... got it? Need a dictionary?

Thats one part of my point, towards you.

The other part of my point, NOT TOWARDS YOU, SPEAKING IN GENERALITIES... is that many people assume something is crap for varied reasons, before actually coming to the conclusion for THEMSELVES. I've done it, that's the reason I know it's true. Remember to separate these two points into their own catagory of this whole immense confusion, on your part, of what I'm trying to convey(Apparently not with quite enough clarity)

Can I make these POINTS(focus on that "S"... Plural) ANY more clear?

I see you finally got it!
No that girl “if she is one” can’t sing. Crap is crap no mater how many people think other wise. Just because you have fallen for all the publicity and hype that the promoters have feed you and the general public that she is something that she is not, and that is a singer. And if you’ll go back to the op we are talking about the fact that she can’t sing.
You’ve made your point that you like her but that doesn’t mean that everyone else does.
You say she is popular and that may be so, but popularity is also a perception, and since you insist that your right, that doesn’t make it so.

I think you must have a thing for the ladies little GaGa, and you just can’t come out and say it. That’s ok, you can stay in the closet a little longer, you’ll come out when you’re ready!!!!!

CannondaleRider
02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
Ha... Wow.

So much arrogance.

Everyone that likes her music style, and her singing, is just brainwashed? Because they play it on the radio, or push it out there.... people are just brainwashed, and don't know good music? Sure, some probably don't know good music, in most of OUR opinions. But, remember the OPINIONS part. Good or bad has nothing to do with fact. Good or bad is whether it tickles your fancy or not. If somebody likes it, the type of music and her style has caught their ear, and it is good to THEM. Whether or not people disagree is irrelevant.. it's good to them. Music is one of those things that is good or bad... it all just depends on whether you like it or not. It's arrogant to think that if you think it's bad, it just automatically makes it a fact set in stone, when so many people can get into it. If there was a specific GOOD, and a specific BAD, never based off every one single persons opinion..... then there would be no main-stream "bad" music, because nobody would listen to it. Because it's bad. But that's not how it works with music.

I, for one, don't care about Lady Gaga... I have none of her songs in my media library, nor do I make it a point to listen. The songs don't bother me, but I'd just much rather listen to some Skynyrd, Zeppelin, or Killswitch. I'm just making a point.... simply for the sake of boredom, which usually brings me to this site..

You're just not seeing my point that the term "bad" when applied to music, is a personal opinion.... That is the whole main point, in it's entirety.... Arrogance in thinking it's officially horrible, just because YOU believe so, is a sub-point.

You won't see it, no matter what.... or even agree that my opinion is relevant. So, it's whatever.

Good time killer here at work. ha

slightlybent47
02-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Ha... Wow.

So much arrogance.

Everyone that likes her music style, and her singing, is just brainwashed? Because they play it on the radio, or push it out there.... people are just brainwashed, and don't know good music? Sure, some probably don't know good music, in most of OUR opinions. But, remember the OPINIONS part. Good or bad has nothing to do with fact. Good or bad is whether it tickles your fancy or not. If somebody likes it, the type of music and her style has caught their ear, and it is good to THEM. Whether or not people disagree is irrelevant.. it's good to them. Music is one of those things that is good or bad... it all just depends on whether you like it or not. It's arrogant to think that if you think it's bad, it just automatically makes it a fact set in stone, when so many people can get into it. If there was a specific GOOD, and a specific BAD, never based off every one single persons opinion..... then there would be no main-stream "bad" music, because nobody would listen to it. Because it's bad. But that's not how it works with music.

I, for one, don't care about Lady Gaga... I have none of her songs in my media library, nor do I make it a point to listen. The songs don't bother me, but I'd just much rather listen to some Skynyrd, Zeppelin, or Killswitch. I'm just making a point.... simply for the sake of boredom, which usually brings me to this site..

You're just not seeing my point that the term "bad" when applied to music, is a personal opinion.... That is the whole main point, in it's entirety.... Arrogance in thinking it's officially horrible, just because YOU believe so, is a sub-point.

You won't see it, no matter what.... or even agree that my opinion is relevant. So, it's whatever.

Good time killer here at work. ha

For someone that clams to not like her but is so defensive about her kind of makes me wonder what your true motive is. You said she is a great singer in one post and then you say she is not in another. Make up your mind and stick with it.

So you’re saying that because you like it that you’re right and I’m arrogant because I don’t.

Quote[It's arrogant to think that if you think it's bad, it just automatically makes it a fact set in stone, when so many people can get into it.]Quote

I never said it was set in stone; those are your words not mine. I just said I think she sucks and you went on the defensive.

Someone is a little sensitive about his lady gaga!!!!

If you want to come out of the closet then that’s ok I won’t judge you!!!!

CannondaleRider
02-19-2010, 11:22 AM
WHERE did I say she was a great singer? I sure as **** didn't write that. I may have said that she has a different set of talents that can be interesting to some, but I never said she was a great singer. Assume much?

You're continuing to assume things. I didn't go on the defensive... if you remember correctly, you quotes my first post, when I was just speaking purely in generalities. A typical rant that I would do as a time-killer. And you actually said I sounded like a liberal, and put words in MY mouth... as though I said that if you don't like it, you're wrong. Here...

You're still failing to see that good and bad is an opinion. She's not great, and that's MY opinion.... she's just another pop artist. But I came to that conclusion myself.... not basing it off of assumptions. But, I don't believe she needs to stop being played because she's horrible... some people like it, some people enjoy it, and she's taking it to the bank. Not a damn thing wrong with that. Another example is, say, Metallica.... some people hate them, and think they suck. Does that mean that they actually do suck, and don't deserve to be played? No, but that is the opinion of those people. If you wanna throw out another repeat of an "in the closet" joke that you apparently believe strengthens your side, feel free. It's useless. My original post, which YOU snapped back at... semi-defensively.. was all focused on the people that don't make the conclusions themselves, and just predispose themselves to the fact that it sucks. I wasn't even speaking of her-him in particular. Generalities. Again, need a dictionary? You're the one that snapped back as though I was focused on you.... Hm..

Think about it.... in simple terms, and realize that this is all I'm saying. It's not some vast, huge, in depth point that takes a Major in something to comprehend............... If YOU don't like it, that's completely fine, if I don't like it, it's completely fine... but just because WE have come to the conclusion that it is not OUR thing, doesn't mean she is all-over horrible. She-He has a lot of FANS... meaning that a lot of people BELIEVE she is GOOD. Meaning, to THEM, she has the talent to make them ENJOY her music. The arrogance point, is not that you're arrogant if you don't like it... words in my mouth, again. The arrogance is believing that she is officially horrible, and has no talent, just because you don't like her music... when thousands of others do. It's simple..... It can't be that hard. Come on now.

NED441SUZ
02-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Are you guys brothers? Just kidding. Anyway, I think Lady Ga-Guy is popular for the same reason Boy George was popular in the early Eighties. Dresses like a freak at any given chance and sexuality is in question. (everyone thought Boy George was a woman at first but was a man) S**t will always repeat itself about every ten years. There is just another batch of "can't sing but still popular" "ARTISTS" around.

slightlybent47
02-19-2010, 01:42 PM
WHERE did I say she was a great singer? I sure as **** didn't write that. I may have said that she has a different set of talents that can be interesting to some, but I never said she was a great singer. Assume much?

You're continuing to assume things. I didn't go on the defensive... if you remember correctly, you quotes my first post, when I was just speaking purely in generalities. A typical rant that I would do as a time-killer. And you actually said I sounded like a liberal, and put words in MY mouth... as though I said that if you don't like it, you're wrong. Here...

You're still failing to see that good and bad is an opinion. She's not great, and that's MY opinion.... she's just another pop artist. But I came to that conclusion myself.... not basing it off of assumptions. But, I don't believe she needs to stop being played because she's horrible... some people like it, some people enjoy it, and she's taking it to the bank. Not a damn thing wrong with that. Another example is, say, Metallica.... some people hate them, and think they suck. Does that mean that they actually do suck, and don't deserve to be played? No, but that is the opinion of those people. If you wanna throw out another repeat of an "in the closet" joke that you apparently believe strengthens your side, feel free. It's useless. My original post, which YOU snapped back at... semi-defensively.. was all focused on the people that don't make the conclusions themselves, and just predispose themselves to the fact that it sucks. I wasn't even speaking of her-him in particular. Generalities. Again, need a dictionary? You're the one that snapped back as though I was focused on you.... Hm..

Think about it.... in simple terms, and realize that this is all I'm saying. It's not some vast, huge, in depth point that takes a Major in something to comprehend............... If YOU don't like it, that's completely fine, if I don't like it, it's completely fine... but just because WE have come to the conclusion that it is not OUR thing, doesn't mean she is all-over horrible. She-He has a lot of FANS... meaning that a lot of people BELIEVE she is GOOD. Meaning, to THEM, she has the talent to make them ENJOY her music. The arrogance point, is not that you're arrogant if you don't like it... words in my mouth, again. The arrogance is believing that she is officially horrible, and has no talent, just because you don't like her music... when thousands of others do. It's simple..... It can't be that hard. Come on now.

Five pages of post and you’re the only one that said he likes her.
Oh wait at first you said you did and now you say you don’t. Which is it?
You keep lumping me in with everyone else by saying I don’t like her style and that has nothing to do with it, she sucks.

CannondaleRider
02-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Five pages of post and you’re the only one that said he likes her.
Oh wait at first you said you did and now you say you don’t. Which is it?
You keep lumping me in with everyone else by saying I don’t like her style and that has nothing to do with it, she sucks.

.......Like talking to a brick wall. haha

I didn't say I liked her.... I said I can listen to it if it comes on, it doesn't bother me... It's just not something I would willingly turn on because "Oh my god I love it" Stop putting words in my mouth. It's just like a bunch of other music that I won't have an aneurism with, if I hear it... I just prefer putting on better stuff.

"She sucks." That's an opinion..... do you know what opinion means? Do you really? Are you sure?

I don't think so..... What about hard-headed? Thick-Headed?

You're never gonna see this TINY little point I'm making..... But, I got some good laughs out of this little debate.... It's almost like debating politics with a liberal! Ahh... the political preference joke coming full circle! ha

...Back to work.

02-19-2010, 05:19 PM
hahaha im having a great time reading this. Cannondale im completely on your side in this argument. I saw your point clearly in the first post you made.

slightlybent47
02-19-2010, 05:46 PM
You fell for all that bs, :blah: lol
I was just stringing you along just to see how far you would go to try and make a point. Haha
I don’t really care one way or another but you have to admit I’ve had you going for awhile. Your right and you made your point long ago but it’s fun keeping you going all this time. I still say she sounds like crap. Her 15 minuets of fame will be up soon so she will fade like all the rest of the no talent out there. And will be having to here someone else who cant sing have there 15 minuets.

MX MaNiAc 06
02-20-2010, 03:03 PM
I can't stand her music. Maybe because my girlfriend and her sorority sing and do all the dances and it flat out disgusts me. But to put an end to the argument can't you guys just settle on "to each their own?"

madskrillz2
02-20-2010, 05:05 PM
You fell for all that bs, :blah: lol
I was just stringing you along just to see how far you would go to try and make a point. Haha
I don’t really care one way or another but you have to admit I’ve had you going for awhile. Your right and you made your point long ago but it’s fun keeping you going all this time. I still say she sounds like crap. Her 15 minuets of fame will be up soon so she will fade like all the rest of the no talent out there. And will be having to here someone else who cant sing have there 15 minuets.

Lmao so now that you realize how bad you got owned you're gonna try and cover your tracks by saying you were joking. :huh

CannondaleRider
02-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Good times. haha

slightlybent47
02-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Good times. haha

I have to apologize for egging you on like that, I was just having some fun with you. it was a slow day and I was board, that’s no excuse though so I apologies. No hard feelings, I sometimes do that when I’m board, I know I shouldn’t but sometimes you just gotta have a little fun.

Take care

Pappy
02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
I have to apologize for egging you on like that, I was just having some fun with you. it was a slow day and I was board, that’s no excuse though so I apologies. No hard feelings, I sometimes do that when I’m board

Next time your "Bored'.....try a spelling class:p No need to "Apologise":D

Sorry, you left yourself wide open:blah:

slightlybent47
02-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Oh I’m about the worst speller out there, and I always run it through ms word just in case. If I don’t get any red flags showing up I send it. The bad part is sometimes I’m so far off even word cant figure out what I’m trying to spell. Lol!!!!
It’s funny though when someone cant put me down any other way, the first thing they do is pick on me about my “spellin”.

Pappy
02-21-2010, 07:38 AM
Oh I’m about the worst speller out there, and I always run it through ms word just in case. If I don’t get any red flags showing up I send it. The bad part is sometimes I’m so far off even word cant figure out what I’m trying to spell. Lol!!!!
It’s funny though when someone cant put me down any other way, the first thing they do is pick on me about my “spellin”.

Trust me, some of us see through the bad spelling...and acknowledge you have deeper issues:p

slightlybent47
02-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Yep Slightly Bent, its there for a reason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!