PDA

View Full Version : otter street

2-330s
02-16-2010, 07:30 PM
who made it over to otter street?

latheboy
02-16-2010, 08:16 PM
I was there. If you were there, you saw Rob ride my R to victory in the 250 class......

2-330s
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
ya i talked to you a little bit at my trailer about your motor build. did you decide what you are going to do?

latheboy
02-17-2010, 08:39 PM
Last friday I ordered from Arlen. He is making a 350pv, midrange porting. I decided to get almost the whole motor from him. It will be a race gas motor. Going with a welded hotrods crank. Actually ordered the intake, all the gaskets, main bearings, 38mm carb, silencer, pipe with 2 rear sections from him also. I am a machinest, so I will be boring the cases myself. He said it would be about 3-4 weeks from last friday before its on my doorstep. I bought a new set of yukon gears off ebay yesterday also.

What trans gears are you running? are the backcut up and down?

This saturday is the race down by Pipe! Right off the end of fishermans road, on the east shore.

2-330s
02-17-2010, 09:03 PM
gears are only cut on the load side. wish i could make it but my wife and i are going to race our horses on sat. sunday make the ride down to the swira race. we have four r's running there now. i would like to see your pipe when you git it we 'll have to hook up some time. my motor is a mid range set up to. ran good the day i was over there but i left it rich, first race on a fresh motor.brady's got me buy a couple horse but i make a little more torque. first ice race of the season so i was setting my chassis up got it working good by the main.

pdxbigfoot
02-17-2010, 11:39 PM
You will not be dissappointed in Arlans work.
I had the pleasure of working for him for about 8 months, just him and I and needless to say i learned alot.
His 350PV's pull like a tractor and if i recall right i think i have seen them make 67HP at the wheels (Arlans dyno is fairly tight).
My 330 non-PV pulls real hard from the bottom to right past an extremely strong mid range but will sign off fairly soon.
Short shift her and you will pull holeshots all day long.

Great choice in builders