PDA

View Full Version : New to the Mini scene have some ?'s

MX Jeff
02-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Hi everyone. I'm new to the mini scene. I am getting a 6 year old into racing, and just bought him an Apex 50cc from G-Force PowerSports. I have a couple questions for everyone.

I know that KTM rules the minis in the bike realm. Has anyone tried putting one of their engines in a quad chassis? If so, how did it work? Also, if you did would it be legal? Thanks for all the info.

One other thing, if anyone is in the California area, what series are there other than the ITP Series and Chico for him to race in?

Jeff

thequadfather+2
02-16-2010, 07:53 PM
Lots of KTM's out there but the cobra seems to dominate the podium in the small bike world. Polini also has a big following. The Cobra 50ss is the same motor thats in the bike. If you were wanting to do that you should have got a cobra 50, put a 70 jug on it and had yourself a 70 single speed.

For the money and being his first quad the DRR 50 is a good platform to go with plus in todays market you can get plenty of bolt-ons for more power. If you are looking for speed and power from a motor mod like an engine swap, just get a 70cc quad and throw a cylinder kit on it. That 50 is a good start IMO.

6 year old on a 70cc DRR with a stage 6 cylinder, pipe and clutch

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullscreen="true" allowNetworking="all" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/bradytestingtheintake.flv">

raidernut
02-16-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by MX Jeff
Hi everyone. I'm new to the mini scene. I am getting a 6 year old into racing, and just bought him an Apex 50cc from G-Force PowerSports. I have a couple questions for everyone.

I know that KTM rules the minis in the bike realm. Has anyone tried putting one of their engines in a quad chassis? If so, how did it work? Also, if you did would it be legal? Thanks for all the info.

One other thing, if anyone is in the California area, what series are there other than the ITP Series and Chico for him to race in?

Jeff

hands down if you want to do any serious racing on the west coast look at worcsracing.com