PDA

View Full Version : Need help IDing this threaded hole in 400ex carb and also where a hose connects

troutman561
02-16-2010, 06:10 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/dmtdmp.jpg

Does anything go in the hole with no screw in it? Today while working on the carb Josh and I noticed this threaded hole with no screw in it filled with dirt and such.. There seems to be no outlet for it unless it is clogged but I am just curious as to what it is. Also, the screw you can see, its purpose is to unscrew to drain the bowl, or is there more to it?

http://i49.tinypic.com/3t06b.jpg

I need to know where the other end of that hose coming from the Y connector goes. I believe it was just free hanging when we pulled the carb off but that doesn't seem right..

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2010, 06:19 PM
Hey, my carb bowl doesnt match yours for some odd reason...

but the y connector goes to the black thing in the throttle cable housing...

I dont think that screw does anything? where does it lead? if no where just leave it...

I love palm beach...

troutman561
02-16-2010, 06:25 PM
I believe the black hose you can see is the one that runs into there.. Unless we mixed them up which still means there will be a hose with no home.. I doubt that tho..

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2010, 06:32 PM
my carb is in my hands now...the y connector deffinetly goes there....there are three hoses all together the vent by thhe intake boot side, the two that go to Y then to throttle cover thing, then the bowl drain line....

troutman561
02-16-2010, 06:36 PM
I see.. Is there any way you could post a pic of that up? I dont want to put you through much trouble but a picture would help more so than me trying ti visualize..

JOHNDOE83
02-16-2010, 06:42 PM
wait your right....i was typing and looking .... that one is the right one the way you have it, mine were over laping , you are right, the hose with the Y is the vent.....it goes to the tank shield hole...and just sits there...

Sorry everyone trying to do two things at once....lol

troutman561
02-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the info!

troutman561
02-16-2010, 07:37 PM
Anyone have any idea what that extra hole is? I dont even see it on parts schematics...