PDA

View Full Version : question on lights

09exrider09
02-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Where do i ground the wire on my wheeler to put head lights on. They are fog's for a car but i seen a lot of people use them.

Gomer11
02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
you can ground it to the frame depending on where u get your power from. if you are replacing the stock headlight, then the blue wire is low beam, white is high beam, and the green in ground.

09exrider09
03-02-2010, 12:57 PM
Its not a stock light. They are head fog lights for a car.. I hooked the power wire up to the battery, switch is wired to the switch and the ground wires are grounded to the frame right behind the shocks. When i first tried everything out, no go. Battery has plenty of wire, all wires ran correctly. I'm thinking its the grounding job.. Helpp peeps.

Gomer11
03-02-2010, 01:08 PM
i know they aren't stock, but if you splice them into the stock headlight wires, you wont drain your battery when you use the lights.
if you want to ground the bulbs the way you have them set up, make sure its a good ground. make sure the battery is well grounded to the frame and make sure you have metal on metal contact with your bulb ground. if you are positive the circuit is good, then your switch or bulbs are bad.

as a matter of fact, i have bullet style 'fog lights' on my atv, and i have it wired to the headlight wires, works fine. my 250x honda dosent have a battery either

09exrider09
03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
ok thank you man. you've helped alot. i will post pics when i get it working!

250ex_dan
08-24-2010, 09:55 AM
how the lights working 4 you.?
pics