PDA

View Full Version : being prepared at the races

tj-ltr
02-15-2010, 11:07 PM
im a beginner racer and wanna know what are the most important spare parts and tools to have at the races? i have an 07 ltr450

kfx400rider03
02-16-2010, 12:10 AM
another tranny....
sorry mad about my trans right now.
but bring a socket set allen keys/wrenchs all the main tools extra oil air filter oil too. axle nut wrenches a extra cluch cable"found that out the hard way" master links and extra chain links "again found that out the hard way" tire plugs air compreser. thats all i can think of

matt581yfz450
02-16-2010, 08:10 AM
powerwasher wouldent hurt either.

Sjorge450R
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
I used to bring a lot with me to the track but now when I race I usually bring one spare tire for the front and the back. Craftsmen 255 piece tool kit. 20 gallon air tank, gas, oil, impact gun,

That's all I would bring to an xc race. Never messed with Chains and cabels, if that stuff breaks you might as well pack up. That's for when I was racing my 300ex.

Once I started A class on my 450r, I would bring my quad gas and air. Nothing more. Usually have some pliers and channel locks in my truck.

bustedknuckle
02-16-2010, 09:50 AM
First ,what type of raceing mx or xc.it all is diff when preping.

slightlybent47
02-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Make sure you have enough gas in the quad; I can’t tell you how many riders run out of gas. Most put in just enough to run the race in order to save weight. Make sure you have enough.

tj-ltr
02-16-2010, 02:00 PM
thanks for the tips guys and yea its mx

reconmaster
02-16-2010, 03:08 PM
have extra tires, wrenchs,, wratchets, sockets, allen keys, pliers, pipe wrench or adjustable wrench big enough for axle nut. bring extra bolts nuts, oil, air filter and air filter. briong extra gas. if ya can bring a spare carrier sprockets, like told master link. extra bars or stock units never when you may bend a set. for food and drink. water, gataorade, bannanas, apples, oranges. according what type of racing you will do (ei all weekend long) bring a colemean stove if you want to cook food with. may be cheaper and well defintly better than eating fries and deep fried food.

bustedknuckle
02-16-2010, 04:33 PM
you should have several levers,brake,clutch.the breakaway ones are a good investment.cables both.. gas and clutch cables. i would have three air filters.use a new one after each race. be ready for a wet track. and a big bag of money ....lol .have fun .rember go over the quad before and after each race, being prepaired is the must important thing you can do.

Tommy Warren
02-16-2010, 04:48 PM
torque wrench.

XBLASTERRACERX
02-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Dont forget tie rod ends.

mjc597
02-16-2010, 05:28 PM
and definetely dont forget to bring all of your gear.. can't tell you how many times people i go to the races with forget something, a glove,their goggles, sometimes believe it or not a helmet!!!! double check i gather all my stuff the night before and put it in my gear bag..then i check like 3 times the morning before i leave just to make sure!!

ZBlaster
02-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I usually bring tools, 2 5 gallon drums of gas, oil, spare air filter (or 2 for dusty races), air filter oil, usually a gallon of 87 for misc cleaning, lots of water, radiator hose clamps (learned the hard way!), 2 or 3 spare tie rods, cotter pins, electric impact, 2 or 3 spare pairs of gloves/goggles, duct tape, WD40, small air compressor, spare wheels/tires. Never know what you MAY need, if it's going to be muddy the list changes, or dusty the list changes. Just go to a few and you'll catch on to what you need.