PDA

View Full Version : 9 days.....

Pappy
02-15-2010, 11:03 PM
I think the kids are ready to get back to skool:p They will have been off for 9 days(that doesnt count weekends) IF they get to go back on thursday.....

This keeps up and they will be in skool all summer:devil:

honda300EXtreme
02-15-2010, 11:37 PM
yea our schools have been out for 6 days. probably 7 after the next 4-6 falls. they gotta be ready to go back. im unemployed at the moment and ive learned the meaning of cabin fever.

as of now they have lost easter vacation and every other day off till the end of the year.

the thing that kills me is. they said because the snow here fell from two storms we might not be able to claim a state of emergency to get federal funding for some of the expenses.

but they did say if it is called a state of emergency the school can apply to not have to make the days up.

400exrider707
02-16-2010, 02:00 AM
My gf went to college in Oswego NY. They had a lot of underground tunnels for students to get to classes because of how much snow fell and how much the wind blew. It literally snowed there every day. The sidewalks were roped off for the plows to know where to avoid, and some people always said it was actually for the students to have a "guide" to know where to walk.

What's a snow day? hahaha.

That is crazy! You guys have all that snow.... I'm in upstate NY and my lawn is dusted with snow. I can still ride my pitbike right now.

yellowzo3
02-16-2010, 07:52 AM
That's nuts! We just got another 3 inches or so here today but nothing closed. They're still clearing stuff down there Pappy? Did you guys get that 20 inches (or any snow) they were calling for yesterday?

Pappy
02-16-2010, 07:59 AM
We dodged a bullet and only got 4 or 5 inches in places. Yes, they are still clearing roads, mainly secondary roads. Too deep, no where to move it. Alot of our roads are steep on both sides and narrow (steep as in uphill on both sides with no shoulder) so it causes a real issue with over 4 feet of snow to move.

The reason they gave for this week are that the kids have no place to stand at bus stops, which is true in many cases.

The National Guard has been helping move snow but they are just as bad as State Workers with attitudes to match. They really need to make a "Common Sense" class mandatory in high school and college:p

JRP
02-16-2010, 08:27 AM
down here my girlfriend has been out of her senior year of highschool for over 2 weeks. They have already missed soooo many days, they don't have to make up anything lol. She graduates in 3.5months and they have already been out for almost 3 weeks, insane!

bustedknuckle
02-16-2010, 09:56 AM
ive been driveing school bus this winter.so its been very diff. than the quad shop. i had so many mothers thanking me when i picked up there kids after those days off.

Tommy Warren
02-16-2010, 05:13 PM
I've heard that these storms in your area are from an earthquake in the Indian ocean 4-5 years ago that was so large that is spun the earth on its axis and change all of our weather patterns. supposedly the north pole has moved 300 miles....any truth to this that anybody knows of. I'm starting to belive it because we have about 6 inches of snow up here in Ontario...:ermm:

ridered11
02-16-2010, 05:18 PM
That might be the most ridiculous thing I've ever read.

Brauap
02-16-2010, 05:54 PM
We got 3ft in about 10 hours.. 2 days later we got another ft and we have gotten about 6" since yesterday.. all the snow snapped 6 of the 8 support beams for our garage and it is about ready to go down! We took all of our stuff to my uncles 2nd house's garage to keep it all safe.. if that thing falls.. I'M GETTING A NEW GARAGE! YEEEAAAA BABY! lol

But yea with all that snow.. I've only missed 2 days I think..

My aunt took this picture of her lab:
(Yes, we got that much in less than 12 hours!)

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa283/braaup/untitledLKLKLKLK.jpg

Brauap
02-16-2010, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I've heard that these storms in your area are from an earthquake in the Indian ocean 4-5 years ago that was so large that is spun the earth on its axis and change all of our weather patterns. supposedly the north pole has moved 300 miles....any truth to this that anybody knows of. I'm starting to belive it because we have about 6 inches of snow up here in Ontario...:ermm:

How much you wanna bet Al Gore made that stupid **** up just so he couldn't be wrong on his bogus "Global Warming" theory!

honda400ex2003
02-16-2010, 07:57 PM
he have 13 ft 11 inches and no snow days yet. lol. it gets boring having that much time off. lol steve

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Haha .. poor kids.

I was just down in Southern Ontario .. litterally NO snow there at all . I got back home and we had a little dusting in the 7 days that I was gone ... not even enough to plow , I'll just pack it down with the truck in the morning.

I wish some people would understand the whole concept of global warming, but I've come to realize that trying to explain it is kinda pointless these days since a lot have the blindfolds on and only want to think it's all a sham.:ermm:

Pappy
02-17-2010, 07:41 PM
Climate change Greg, its something that can be proven and accepted and there aint a damn thing we can do about it:p We did not create the ice age, we did not end the ice age....

Global warming in and of itself is a sham created to make lots and lots of money

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Climate change Greg, its something that can be proven and accepted and there aint a damn thing we can do about it:p We did not create the ice age, we did not end the ice age....

Global warming in and of itself is a sham created to make lots and lots of money

I'm not saying Al Gore's take on Global Warming is right ... I'm talking "Global Warming" is something that is happening. The Earth is heating up like it did millions of years ago ... hence global warming. Melting of the ice caps is putting more moisture into the atmosphere and the temps aren't COLD as they should be. You'll never get snow when it's -40 outside ... you'll get it when the temps stay around the freezing mark and there's a lot of moisture in the air.

Catch my drift?!?!

Pappy
02-17-2010, 08:04 PM
Yeah, you arent a Gore groupie so there si hope for ya:blah:

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 08:34 PM
Yeah, you arent a Gore groupie so there si hope for ya:blah:

I'm still trying to figure out how come they had to truck snow down from the top of the mountains in Vancouver , when there should have been about 15 feet on the ground . :grr: :huh

Pappy
02-17-2010, 08:36 PM
Im surprised there havent been any threads on the winter olympics. I have been catching as much as I can...the sno-cross was awesome:p

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 08:40 PM
I hear ya . I've been watching a bit .. not as much as I wanted to though .. but now that I'm back home I'll watch more. Your guy won a gold tonight in the speed skating.

Looks like our guy might take a gold in the snowboarding ... leading the half pipe right now.

ATV Chic
02-17-2010, 08:42 PM
Sean white just rocked out his first run in the pipe and is in 1st place:D

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by sexyatvchic
Sean white just rocked out his first run in the pipe and is in 1st place:D

He pulled off some pretty sick moves... I thought he was gunna plant on the one move , but he pulled it off.

Ken , who did the write up on Gust and his snowcross track and training? Harlen should have BRP send you a sled. LOL. Actually , on second thought ... tell harlen to tell BRP to send ME a sled for some weekend testing and picture shoot for the website. I'll compare the MXZ to the DS.:devil:

BTW , I'll need a DS from them also.:blah:

Pappy
02-17-2010, 08:52 PM
Harlen wrote it...I dont have time to galavant all over the place this time of year hamming it up with the likes of Doug:p Sure looked like a fun time!

We seriously dont get enough snow for a sled here....this winter is rare very rare:p

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 09:08 PM
Harlen wrote it...I dont have time to galavant all over the place this time of year hamming it up with the likes of Doug:p Sure looked like a fun time!

We seriously dont get enough snow for a sled here....this winter is rare very rare:p

Get used to it ... global warming. HAHAHA.

Have BRP send a few sleds this way , fly up and we'll go riding . I put on a few miles a few weekends ago on a borrowed sled. These new sleds seriously feel like you're riding a quad.... I was riding a new Artic Cat sled with full Fox Floats all around... so nice to ride.

Pappy
02-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Id love to...but I doubt the sleds are any easier on my shoulders then the quads are:p

Its so bad that I am seriously looking into some form of surgery or joint replacement.....

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Id love to...but I doubt the sleds are any easier on my shoulders then the quads are:p

Its so bad that I am seriously looking into some form of surgery or joint replacement.....

WD-40 .

hondaking52
02-17-2010, 09:27 PM
wd-40.....lol, you got any snow up there greg? was up in parry sound 2 weeks ago, i was dissapointed....although there is still grass on my lawn....lol

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Here Ken ... something to make the snow not look so bad.

When life throws you 4 feet of snow .... consider it a gift from the gods.

http://mybeer.getpaidfrom.us/files/2008/06/funny-canadian-coolers-drinking-comedy-picture-cold-beer-fridge.jpg

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
wd-40.....lol, you got any snow up there greg? was up in parry sound 2 weeks ago, i was dissapointed....although there is still grass on my lawn....lol

Nah man .... hardly any. Maybe a foot at the most here in Sudbury... a little bit more up north at my parents .. maybe a foot and a half. There was enough for sledding up there , but here in town not enough, the lakes are glare ice and hard on the sliders which keep burning up.

Where abouts you from? I was just down in Kingston on the weekend and headed to Toronto yesturday and today .. and headed home earlier this afternoon. 2000 KM in 6 days.

hondaking52
02-17-2010, 09:38 PM
ya was the same in parry sound, there was like 6'' of nice soft snow on the lakes tho

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52
ya was the same in parry sound, there was like 6'' of nice soft snow on the lakes tho

I know on my way south last Friday , I saw a lot of snow chasers heading north with their sleds. What kind of sled do you have?

hondaking52
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
lol, i was one of em!, lol, and i got an 08 doo TNT

Quad18star
02-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Well if you were between Hwy 12 and Parry Sound between the hours of 10am and 11am friday, then I passed you. Haha. I swear every 5th truck had a trailer and was heading north. There's probably more snow in Parry Sound than here in Sudbury ... we got screwed out of it again this year .. although I'm not complaining since I don't own a sled.:D I've only plowed the drive 2 or 3 times this whole season.

hondaking52
02-17-2010, 10:32 PM
lol, ya i was up 2 weeks ago, i think huntsville got the most of it, that 3 foot storm in dec or wenever...

honduh440
02-18-2010, 12:43 AM
el nino is the answer to the snow