PDA

View Full Version : audio help

atvnut22
02-15-2010, 07:11 PM
right now i have a jvc deck in my truck, but it just feels like its cheeply made. its not setup for subs, wont let me adjust the sub levels. i have a alpine deck that was in my brothers car, i do know its a cda-7893. it seems a lot better made but i do not know which one is a better player. if i wazs to buy a new one i would prolly buy a pioneer, but i dont have the spare cash at the moment. if it matters it will be pushing 2 12 inch kicker cvrs with a rockord fosgate 900 watt punch amp. any help on which player is the better option would be appreciated.

heres the jvc in it at the moment...

atvnut22
02-15-2010, 07:12 PM
and heres the alpine...

kfx400rider03
02-15-2010, 07:27 PM
im not sure which one is better but i like the jvc one better and it has a aux port for your ipod and the alpine one doesnt. and i dont think the head unit realy has much of a change on the subs. just the main speakers. they probaly both are around 45-60 amps to the 4 main speakers. sorry i could realy help you just giving you my opinion

ZeroLogic
02-15-2010, 08:27 PM
I had the top one and it worked fine with me. There was enough to tune the subs to what I wanted. Until, I fried it.:blah:

atvnut22
02-15-2010, 08:32 PM
well, i like the setup on the jvc, but it feel cheap, like its gonna break in half. also, i had my battery unhooked when i was puttin all my subs and stuff back in, and now my option for sub levels went away. before when i went into setting the order was like : bass, treble, fade, balance, loud, then sub( and it varied from -6 to +6), now it has them all except sub. i usually lower the bass level, then turn my sub up so i the words are clear, but it hits hard.

Tommy Warren
02-15-2010, 08:49 PM
I have an a sony and it has sub level and 2 rca outputs for 2 different amps. its nothing fancy and everyone will say its junk but it lasted me 2 years so far and has the aux output for my satellite....all I need. I'm not a hardcore bass freak like most of the people on here. I just like some boom in my zoom. I have a 300watt amp and a 400watt clarion 10. its all I need

kfx400rider03
02-15-2010, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
I have an a sony and it has sub level and 2 rca outputs for 2 different amps. its nothing fancy and everyone will say its junk but it lasted me 2 years so far and has the aux output for my satellite....all I need. I'm not a hardcore bass freak like most of the people on here. I just like some boom in my zoom. I have a 300watt amp and a 400watt clarion 10. its all I need

lol that is basicly the same set up i got and it is fine for me too and sounds pretty good in my little ranger ha. i dont realy like hardcore bass like some people.

but if the other head unit is free go for it if it can be tuned better

Tommy Warren
02-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by kfx400rider03
lol that is basicly the same set up i got and it is fine for me too and sounds pretty good in my little ranger ha. i dont realy like hardcore bass like some people.

but if the other head unit is free go for it if it can be tuned better

No I don't wanna shake pictures off of people walls I just want my truck to sound like a live concert. I hate those people who have 10 huge subs and 5 huge amps just so people will look at his civic when he drives by,,,,,

kfx400rider03
02-15-2010, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Tommy Warren
No I don't wanna shake pictures off of people walls I just want my truck to sound like a live concert. I hate those people who have 10 huge subs and 5 huge amps just so people will look at his civic when he drives by,,,,,

lmfao thats what its like around me. loud subs and fart cans:rolleyes: and my set up was free a friend gave it to me because he got a bigger set up for free too lol

Tommy Warren
02-15-2010, 09:21 PM
loud subs and fart cans are called penis extensions around here:devil:

02-15-2010, 09:23 PM
Between those 2 I would go with the Alpine. JVC's are slower with processing and all around junk IMO. I can tell you Pioneer is the way to go. When you get the cash it will be worth it.

kfx400rider03
02-15-2010, 09:46 PM
yeah pioneer is def top of the line stuff but they are alot of money. i have a pioneer in my 1961 f100 and it sounds amazing with pioneer speakers too.

and tommy warren i just call them just idiots dont need to think of a special name for them. but the funniest thing is seeing a automatic honda cruising with the auto thing in 2nd gear so his fart can is loud and his subs are bumpin:rolleyes: it gives me a good laugh:D

atvnut22
02-15-2010, 10:49 PM
yea, i hate those people that cruise around in their cadilacs and lincolns, that vibrate everything. people that think its cool to have bass so they turn it up, and cant even hear the words. when my cd player was working right, i had the bass turned to -3, and the sub to +4, that way it only hit when the song had bass, not anytime they spoke.

as for the deck, its in my brothers prelude that never gets drove and he told me i could use it. as soon as i get part of my truck paid off to papaw, a pioneer deck will be bought.

02-15-2010, 10:54 PM
I understand the irritations when people are stopped at lights and such bumping music but I love my music. I LOVE my bass but I try to turn it down at lights and when I'm stopped... Unless of course I'm giving a demo. :p Just because you have bass doesn't mean you can't hear the lyrics. :rolleyes: When you're in the car you can hear the high's and mids just fine..... Well, at least if you have a decent system like I do. :D

atvnut22
02-15-2010, 11:00 PM
yea, i understand, i love my music too, and i love lots of bass. i just like it to sound good, and hit hard. you know the people im talking about though, the mall cruisers that cant even understand what the lyrics are, just want to show off their walmart subs. the way i see it, the people that actually spend their money, and do it right, will use it right. but i cant stand the people that go to wally world and by the biggest subs they can and set it in the trunk of their car.

F-16Guy
02-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Pioneer all the way as far as decks are concerned.

I recently put a budget system in my commuter car, and I used a Pioneer DEH-P5000UB that I got from Amazon for about $110. It has adjustable built-in crossovers for both the highs and subwoofer, sub level control, a parametric EQ, adjustable loudness control, an auxillary input, and a bunch of other great features. They have a refurb unit for $109 right now.

When I put the system together, I just bought some cheap Pioneer Coaxial (2-way) speakers and ran them off the deck using the built-in crossover feature. It gives nice, clean highs for just running off the deck. For the sub, I ran a Phoenix Gold RSD12 (AWESOME SUB!!!!) and a Pioneer class D mono amp. The amp had a crossover, but I just used the sub control features on the deck.

For a budget system, it turned out really nice, and it sounded pretty clean and tight with everything from rap to country.