PDA

View Full Version : snowboard help/info

yellowhonda400
02-15-2010, 07:09 PM
ok so i want to buy a snowboard nothing crazy just a decent board that i can use istead of the crappy rentals. im looking to spend around $250 for board bindings and boots. anyone know of good package deals or any good boards. What about the 5150 boards? are they anygood. thanks for the help/info

250x_kyle
02-15-2010, 07:13 PM
you should be able to get a lamar or nitro package for around that price range. decent boards.

Hondaexboy
02-15-2010, 07:50 PM
personally id go for the outlet sections on websites, you can get last years boards for up to 50% off

5150 boards are ok i guess a friend of mine was in the same situation you were at got one the only downfalls are they chip alot pretty easily, and bindings broke on him in about a month.

id check the outlet sections, ebay, and craigslist you can get some really good deals

exrider12
02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
For $250 you will not get much. A DECENT board is $250+. 5150 are garbage. Id suggest saving up some money and buying decently good stuff. Maybe even go to a local ski swap where people sell stuff cheap.

JMO

KingpinsEx
02-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by exrider12
Maybe even go to a local ski swap where people sell stuff cheap.

Those are great if you can find them. Usually after the season, can get boards, bindings, boots, half off or even less. Keep your eyes peeled, I don't like ordering stuff like that online because I like the physically see something I'm about to dump that much cash into. Check out your local ski shop, if you have on, after season for good deals too. There are so many brands to choose from, most are pretty good if you are spending a couple bills. But def. don't buy based on looks or a good deal, make sure you get one that is sized for your body. The length of the board is very important and a ski shop can help you with that...

KXRida
02-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I agree I'm not a fan of the 5150's. I got my neversummer on closeout on ebay for I think $200 something. Right now I'm running Ride bindings but I think I might check out the K2 cinch CTX's. I really like them on my buddy's board.

Get a good sized board too. I personally run a 159. 157's turn a little better for me, but the 159 feels more comfortable.

02-16-2010, 11:17 AM
IMO if you are done growing IDK how old you are get something higher end. Yeah it may cost more but its cheaper than upgrading twice and you will be happier.

yellowhonda400
02-16-2010, 12:40 PM
im done growing and i was on criagslist/ebay looking at stuff but like kingpinsex said i dnt like to buy stuff like that online. when does snowboard season offically end where i can go to the store and find good deals?

tayyo789
02-16-2010, 07:33 PM
steepandcheap.com, or brociety.
they have incredible deals sometimes, you just have to keep watching them because they only do one sale at a time

2to4
02-16-2010, 08:04 PM
try to stay away from nitro and 5150 and dont buy a board from like dicks sporting goods or olympia sports, just because it says burton on the side doesnt mean its great. maybe look at gnu or something. how tall are you? what kind of riding will you be doing? look at the salomon ace its a solid board for just about anything and in your price range. also a k2 anogram is a nice board exrider12 has loved his i can tell you that. maybe a flow merc if your thinking more freestyle. the forum recon is a nice board i had one for 2 seasons and loved it its a park board with a good amount of all-mountain thrown in there. and last maybe a burton clash if your still trying to improve. look at those and see what you think. have fun out there and where a helmet

Exrider434
02-16-2010, 10:32 PM
id try craigslist, especially if its your first board.

pizmo 400ex
02-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Go to sierrasnowboard.com. they always have deals.

mitchamus
02-17-2010, 09:46 AM
You have to get what you can get.
If 250.00 bucks is all you have then so be it.
You still have to be able to afford lift tickets to enjoy it.
There will always be something bigger and better.
You'll still have fun which is the point anyways.
Once you have everything then you can start to upgrade later when you know more of what you looking for in a board boots bindings.

Not sure if i mised it but how old are you?

Exrider434
02-17-2010, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by mitchamus
You have to get what you can get.
If 250.00 bucks is all you have then so be it.
You still have to be able to afford lift tickets to enjoy it.
There will always be something bigger and better.
You'll still have fun which is the point anyways.
Once you have everything then you can start to upgrade later when you know more of what you looking for in a board boots bindings.

Not sure if i mised it but how old are you?

Exactly what he said, I picked up a Rossingol board in fall for $125 with bindings, boots i bought some used Burton's for 40 bucks.

personally i cannot tell the difference between different boards, so that board is just fine for me!

2to4
02-17-2010, 12:08 PM
alright i would have to say if your done growing theres no need to buy a used board. get a board that will go anywhere and do anything that fits you good and progress on that board and then buy a board once you know what kind of riding you do and what your good at. dont buy an already beat up board cause then youll be struggling with that and not progressing

yellowhonda400
02-17-2010, 10:18 PM
well i used to snowboard when i was little and just recently went and rented a snowbaord and realized its fun and i should of never stopped. im not that good but i wanna try to get better so im gonna wait about a month when the season ends if that makes sense and look for deals and try to stay in my budget.

Wood_15
02-18-2010, 07:18 AM
www.boardsforless.com has amazing deals i've ordered from them twice already this year. Two other stores I like are daddiesboardshop.com, and the-house.com