PDA

View Full Version : 1989 LT250S Quad Sport

drskeens
02-15-2010, 04:13 PM
Can anyone provide any information about a 1989 Quad Sport 250? I picked one up last week and finally got it running today. I got it to idle good, but when I give it some throttle input the rpm's don't come back down to where they were originally. I pulled the carb back off, thinking maybe the slide was sticking. Everything appears to be in order. If I pull the decompression lever it will start idling normally again. I have found very little info on these machines through Google so any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

mikecancu812
03-10-2010, 11:54 AM
maybe its somethin easy like throttle cable stickin. try lubricating it with graphite that you blow down cable

drskeens
03-11-2010, 02:26 PM
I did all that. I set the valve lash and kicked it about 3 times and it starts like a champ. It looks like the idle screw is beat up pretty bad, but it's not doing that near as bad now. I must have found the sweet spot. Now if I could only find some plastics. Thanks for your help, I appreciate any good advice that comes my way.

Bnealis
05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
Any chance you can give me the valve lash spec's for the lt250s? would be much appreciated.

sm00th026
07-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by drskeens
Can anyone provide any information about a 1989 Quad Sport 250? I picked one up last week and finally got it running today. I got it to idle good, but when I give it some throttle input the rpm's don't come back down to where they were originally. I pulled the carb back off, thinking maybe the slide was sticking. Everything appears to be in order. If I pull the decompression lever it will start idling normally again. I have found very little info on these machines through Google so any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

I had a 90 250 quad sport with the wide seat for two weeks any way If you hear any noise from the top end CUT IT OFF because mine was making noise like a rocker tapping((just a little louder then normal)) when it quit ((the quad)) come to find out it had drop a valve destroying the top end and knocking a hole in my piston So hope yours last longer then mine :(