PDA

View Full Version : Power Commander support question

Vampire2800
02-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Hey guys, this may be an elementary question, but I want to make sure the I do it right. I bought a Power COmmander V for my 2010 yfz450r SE & was reading over the instructions last night. I noticed that the unit has a male & female end for each hookup, but the instructions only describe 2 of the hookups. Surely, you'd plug the PC into the place where it goes & then plug the existing plug into the companion hookup the runs to the PC, right?

i.e.-TPS connector= 1 male & 1 female. Unplug the male & plug it into the PC female, then plug the PC male into the spot where the existing TPS cable went.

Sound right?

Thanks in advance...........

hendershot106
02-15-2010, 12:08 PM
for the pc5 you have a ground cable....which u attach to the negative terminal on battery.... then you have a tps tap.... (the cable ends from the pc5 are easy to match....) and the top fuel control plug in.... if you want to hook to a laptop or pc... you need to use the usb cord and plug the usb end into your laptop and the small end of the cord into your controller....

it wont show any data if the bike isnt running.... plug it all in and start up the bike and let it idle to send and pull maps.... and make changes...

Vampire2800
02-15-2010, 12:12 PM
I got it put on. I sent a map to it before installation. Do you think it worked or do you have to do it while it's running?

hendershot106
02-15-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Vampire2800
I got it put on. I sent a map to it before installation. Do you think it worked or do you have to do it while it's running?

I cant tell you if it worked or not. I would double check and resend while running to verify it is in there.